Windows 10: Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them?

Discus and support Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ready-Train [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ready-Train, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them?

/u/Ready-Train, Oct 25, 2020
  2. xeno3d Win User

Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

Hey guys,

Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs?

I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list

Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them? [​IMG]

xeno3d, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Oct 25, 2020
  4. 22878 Win User

Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them?

Bug where uninstalled programs aren't removed from tray icon list.

If you right-click the taskbar > taskbar settings > taskbar > select which icons appear on the taskbar - there are uninstalled programs still listed. How do you remove them from this list?

22878, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them?

1. Ghost icons of uninstalled programs appear in the search. How to remove them? - Similar Threads - Ghost icons uninstalled

2. How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar: I installed a program called eXtrabuttons and then uninstalled it but it still shows in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". I did a search on the registry and removed all references to the program (xb.exe). How do I get rid of this thing??? 176855
  3. how do i remove ghost apps?? i uninstalled them completely using REVO and they still show...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove ghost apps?? i uninstalled them completely using REVO and they still show...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/screamoddy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1xzbv/how_do_i_remove_ghost_apps_i_uninstalled_them/
  4. Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear: [img] This keeps flickering periodically on my screen and I cannot for the love of everything find anything about why or how to fix it. It is essentially a picture or clone of part of my desktop icons. I checked for updates. Windows version 1909 169014
  5. how to remove ghost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove ghost files: How to remove ghost files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ghost-files/deed41af-e095-4914-8385-ca498e4e517d
  6. Remove Uninstalled Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Uninstalled Icons: Ok, so how do I remove uninstalled programs from the taskbar icons (over by the clock)? [img] 146939
  7. Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs: Recently bought this computer second-hand, happy with it otherwise but there's something peculiar going on with the user accounts. - When uninstalling programs I get a warning that "there are other users logged in" so the program won't uninstall correctly. - My account...
  8. Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a program that is not in add/remove programs: I bought a new ext HDD. I installed the included WD Discovery app. I was having trouble with the software, so I uninstalled. However, it somehow did an update at the same time. The app thinks it is installed on my computer, but add/remove says it is not. If I download the...
  9. Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing notification icon listings from uninstalled programs: Hey guys, Would anyone know how to remove notification icon listings from the control panel for uninstalled programs? I uninstalled iCloud for Windows but the service is still showing up in my notification icon list [img] 66024
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...