Windows 10: Ghost icons on desktop

Discus and support Ghost icons on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in this video,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JP_777, Mar 16, 2021.

1. JP_777 Win User

Ghost icons on desktop

Hi,

This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in this video, i need to refresh manually my desktop to take them out.

https://imgur.com/a/6S435WT

:)

JP_777, Mar 16, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Ghost icons on desktop

I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Ghost icons on desktop

1. Ghost icons on desktop - Similar Threads - Ghost icons desktop

2. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  3. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  4. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  5. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  6. Ghost icons on taskbar

Ghost icons on taskbar: After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 I noticed that I had some ghost icons from Windows 10 still on the taskbar in the bottom left hand side. I have tried everything I can think of including a complete reinstall of Windows 11. Can anyone help? I am using an Alienware M15 R2....
  7. Ghost taskbar icons.

Ghost taskbar icons.: As we all know Windows 11 comes with taskbar center alligned with all the apps and its icons. My Windows version :- Windows 11 Home Upgraded from Windows 10 home . And I have noticed a bug which I can re-create it anytime and it occurs all time. So basically when I bring my...
  8. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in the video, i need to refresh my desktop to take them out. I tried to change my SSD but it didn't worked. I'm so lost, if you guys can...
  9. ghost icons

in Windows 10 Support
    ghost icons: All of a sudden, when I open and excel or word file, the file opens corrently but on the screen is a lightly shaded pop up of the same file icon. It's weird and annoying. Any ideas on how to make it stop? Windows 10 build 176.18.1000 146926
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...