Windows 10: ghost icons

Discus and support ghost icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, when I open and excel or word file, the file opens corrently but on the screen is a lightly shaded pop up of the same file icon. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RLAR, Dec 22, 2019.

1. RLAR Win User

ghost icons

All of a sudden, when I open and excel or word file, the file opens corrently but on the screen is a lightly shaded pop up of the same file icon. It's weird and annoying. Any ideas on how to make it stop?
    Windows 10 build 176.18.1000

:)

2. Ghost icon in Windows 10

Hi

After the latest win 10 preview update, I have a ghost icon left from a MUI app in the start menu. App isn't installed, clicking does nothing.

It's just there with the @{xxxxxxx} crap, and it's actually annoying me.

I looked in the start menu folders area but Modern apps aren't showing there, so I presume it's in the registry someplace.

Suggestions on how to remove my ghost?

Compusmurf, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Dec 22, 2019
  4. ghost icons

Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

ghost icons

1. ghost icons - Similar Threads - ghost icons

2. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  3. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  4. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  5. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  6. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it: Running Win10 Pro ver 22H2 Build 19045.3803 on my laptop connected to two monitors via a dock. Had this issue for a little while now, and while it doesn't hurt anything, it would be nice to clear it.I have a ghost Recycle Bin icon on my left primary monitor, and the real...
  7. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it: Running Win10 Pro ver 22H2 Build 19045.3803 on my laptop connected to two monitors via a dock. Had this issue for a little while now, and while it doesn't hurt anything, it would be nice to clear it.I have a ghost Recycle Bin icon on my left primary monitor, and the real...
  8. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

9. How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?: After cancelling some of active processes in task bar show hidden icons panel remains ghost icon of cancelled process. After mouseover the icon disappears. How to erase these ghost icons programmatically to fake mouseover?In this example ghost icons are yellow bulbs....
  10. How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?

How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?: After cancelling some of active processes in task bar show hidden icons panel remains ghost icon of cancelled process. After mouseover the icon disappears. How to erase these ghost icons programmatically to fake mouseover?In this example ghost icons are yellow bulbs....