Windows 10: Ghost monitor problem second desktop

Discus and support Ghost monitor problem second desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lucas Mattos, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the taskbar, this made the whole screen move back to the left and show the browser and other open softwares.

From then on, everytime I open a random software mostly the Microsoft Edge browser, the screen moves to the right and I lose my other open softwares. When I get back to the first screen with the Discord solution, the other softwares stays open on the second screen and I don't know how to fix this weird behaviour.

Thanks in advance.

Lucas.

:)

Lucas Mattos, Mar 29, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Ghost monitor problem second desktop

1. Ghost monitor problem second desktop - Similar Threads - Ghost monitor problem

2. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  3. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  4. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with second monitor.: Hello, so.. I bought a VGA -> Display - Port Adapter for my secound monitor and it worked fine. After 4 days I closed the PC at night and the next morning when I turned on the second monitor does not work anymore. First i tested the monitor - it worked, the VGA cable - it...
  6. Second monitor problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor problem: I can duplicate and show only on 1, but I cannot show only or 2 or extend display because the external monitor turns black. I am on a laptop and I am connecting to an external monitor 144hz via hdmi 2.0 cable that should support 144hz....
  7. Second monitor problems??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor problems??: I hope this is the right place, my google search so far has been unsuccessful. I'm not a native english speaker and my system isn't in english, but I'll try to be as clear as I can be. I just got today a huion display tablet I bought. The problem isn't the tablet itself, but...
  8. Ghost monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost monitor?: My computer thinks I have two screens plugged in when I only have one, how can I fix this? submitted by /u/Im-Real-Human [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghf8oo/ghost_monitor/
  9. Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost or residual image on my second monitor: Hi, I have the exact same issue has posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-second-ghost-desktop-in-windows-10-i-do/f3e80c3b-9f74-4278-84e5-fe64e2ecb7bd Aside from a restart, would there be a way to permanently fix this issue so it...
  10. Fit desktop to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fit desktop to second monitor: Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fit-desktop-to-second-monitor/5533d824-c003-4b31-9e9f-a7e17b9229dc