Windows 10: ghost monitor removal

Discus and support ghost monitor removal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I only have one monitor but display settings say i have two and that im using number 2, device manager reports it as generic non-pnp monitor, i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Maximusheadroom, Jan 3, 2021.

1. ghost monitor removal

I only have one monitor but display settings say i have two and that im using number 2,
    device manager reports it as generic non-pnp monitor, i can disable it or uninstall it from device settings but i still have the ghost monitor. If i uninstall it it just comes back after i check for hardware changes or reboot.

if i disable my gpu radeon rx 580 the generic non-pnp monitor is no longer on devices and gone in display settings
    my mobo is rogstrix b450f gaming
    cpu Ryzen 5 2600x

windows 20H2 (OS build 19042.685)

:)

Maximusheadroom, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Novgorod Win User

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

ghost monitor removal [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Removing Ghost Printer

I have exactly the same problem. I think it is just the entry in the list box that is the ghost item. But how to remove it?

Willem.deboer, Jan 3, 2021
  4. ghost monitor removal

Removing Ghost Printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to hardware conflicts.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Uninstall the Printer Drivers.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Printer Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Method 2:

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the
    devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:

• Open the Start menu.

• Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.

• Type cmd in search box.

• Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and
      Open as administrator.

• At the command prompt, type in
      set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

• On the next command prompt line, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

• In the Device Manager Console, from the
      View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.
    As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have
    been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose
    uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many
    devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

ghost monitor removal

1. ghost monitor removal - Similar Threads - ghost monitor removal

2. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  3. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  4. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC recognising "ghost" monitor: I´m asking this question for my partner. She has a desktop PC which uses a VGA > HDMI cable to connect to her monitor. I borrowed her monitor to use on my laptop and i used a HDMI cable on both ends. Now when trying to use her computer after few months it recognizes an...
  5. PC recognising "ghost" monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  7. Cant remove ghost displays.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant remove ghost displays.: I have only one monitor plugged in with VGA cable, because it has innate HDMI. but then i go to display settings it shows i got 2 displays instead of 1 and because of this i have been getting problems like programs going off screen and right clicking on the edge of display...
  8. Ghost monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost monitor?: My computer thinks I have two screens plugged in when I only have one, how can I fix this? submitted by /u/Im-Real-Human [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghf8oo/ghost_monitor/
  9. how to remove ghost files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove ghost files: How to remove ghost files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ghost-files/deed41af-e095-4914-8385-ca498e4e517d
  10. Fixing ghost monitor issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fixing ghost monitor issue: Hi, i have three monitors set up on my PC. Two are through the geforce card and one is via the onboard intel card. Every day now i constantly have to re-detect my monitors because it always changes to 4 monitors after i wake up the PC from sleep mode. Once i choose detect...