Windows 10: Ghost of right click

Discus and support Ghost of right click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, every couple of right clicks the right click I choose stays on the screen. I was not able to find a way to fix this issue, my computers is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by texydo, May 22, 2019.

1. texydo Win User

Ghost of right click

Hello, every couple of right clicks the right click I choose stays on the screen.

I was not able to find a way to fix this issue, my computers is a surface book 2 which I have purchased recently. Ghost of right click 2deb5b9e-70bd-42b9-8cdf-167aa2609550?upload=true.png

:)

texydo, May 22, 2019

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, May 22, 2019
  3. Dell Inspiron 13 5378 "Ghost Clicking"

Hi IcyGreenDonut,

Experiencing "Ghost Clicking" on your laptop could be both a software or a hardware issue. For us to sort this out, I suggest uninstalling the driver and let Windows reinstall it. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Human Interface Devices category, right-click your
      HID-compliant touch screen, then click Uninstall.
    3. Restart your laptop.

If the issue persists, then I recommend that you get in touch with the Dell Support Team or visit their support site through
    this link for assistance in updating the touchscreen firmware as the issue is leaning towards becoming a hardware issue, specifically the touchscreen.

Should you need more information or have further queries, feel free to update this thread.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 22, 2019
  4. Ghost of right click

Removing Ghost Printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to hardware conflicts.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Uninstall the Printer Drivers.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Printer Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Method 2:

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the
    devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:

• Open the Start menu.

• Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.

• Type cmd in search box.

• Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and
      Open as administrator.

• At the command prompt, type in
      set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

• On the next command prompt line, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

• In the Device Manager Console, from the
      View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.
    As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have
    been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose
    uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many
    devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Ghost of right click

1. Ghost of right click - Similar Threads - Ghost right click

2. Right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click: HiWhy in my download folder when I right click to delete something takes so long to open for the option to delete 3 MIN ?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click/c7d568e3-439a-4ba3-a026-1cd9aba8fc42
  3. Right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click: HiWhy in my download folder when I right click to delete something takes so long to open for the option to delete 3 MIN ?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click/c7d568e3-439a-4ba3-a026-1cd9aba8fc42
  4. Ghost Enter Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Enter Click: I don't know why but my pc is getting ghost clicks without any reason. It is just that I am typing or using my mouse pad that my pc inputs enter click for suppose I am typing a question in google and suddenly an enter click happens to search that without my will. It has never...
  5. Ghost Enter Click

Ghost Enter Click: I don't know why but my pc is getting ghost clicks without any reason. It is just that I am typing or using my mouse pad that my pc inputs enter click for suppose I am typing a question in google and suddenly an enter click happens to search that without my will. It has never...
  6. Right Click

Right Click: I am finding it complicated to download images from the internet to use for a picture quiz. When i find an image i want i cant right click to save to folder for recall when creating the quiz sheet. I cant right click on home screen and create a new folder for images, i cant...
  7. Ghost Clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Clicking: Someone help!!!! My computer is ghost clicking rapidly at about 15 clicks a second! I can’t even get into my laptop anymore. Then the laptop just turns off. I’ve restarted it and havent used it in 10 hours please help!...
  8. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it: I've recently been experiencing a problem with the right-click menu. After I select an option (i.e paste, delete etc.), it remains on the screen in a transparent mode. From there, I am unable to select it or anything for that matter. The only solution I've found to remove it...
  9. Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click: Right clicking in a window or desktop opens (through New dropdown menu item) the possibillity to create a new folder or new Text Document. Lately this takes longer than usual (I think, but am not sure, after a Windows update). Not a big deal, rather a nuisance, but I am...
  10. Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop touchscreen ghost clicking: I have a Samsung Laptop. It has a touchscreen. Randomly it has this really annoying problem. The screen with start zooming in and out. There are these little circles that pop up everywhere. It starts to autoclick randomly. It happens for a few seconds and then stops....