Windows 10: Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

Discus and support Ghost or residual image on my second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have the exact same issue has posted here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seb_123, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Seb_123 Win User

Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

Seb_123, Mar 4, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Image on a second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using another monitor with your laptop.

I would like to know some information.

• What are you connecting to your laptop is it a TV or Monitor?

• Is it a Wireless connection or through HDMI cables?

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Holds Good for Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

1. Ghost or residual image on my second monitor - Similar Threads - Ghost residual image

2. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  3. ghost monitor removal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ghost monitor removal: I only have one monitor but display settings say i have two and that im using number 2, device manager reports it as generic non-pnp monitor, i can disable it or uninstall it from device settings but i still have the ghost monitor. If i uninstall it it just comes back after...
  4. Ghost images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost images: After about 2 hours of use my screen retains a ghost image of any document that is then closed. Even when open and you scroll through the document an image of the text remains as the rest of the document moves thereby making working impossible. I use two screens and the...
  5. Ghost file image on screen

Ghost file image on screen: Hello, calling on site techs to help me solve a puzzle . For the last couple of weeks, when Ive had a image or video file on my screen, and deleted it, ghost image of file remains . No true image , just file . When I try to delete it, a dialogue box comes up that says, file...
  6. Lockscreen showing ghost images of my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen showing ghost images of my desktop: Hi, since a few days I have problems with my windows lock screen. It seems like some windows I opened recently are shown on the lock screen very faintly. I see this as a privacy issue so I would like to remove it. [ATTACH] It's no a display issue. After leaving the...
  7. Ghost monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost monitor?: My computer thinks I have two screens plugged in when I only have one, how can I fix this? submitted by /u/Im-Real-Human [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghf8oo/ghost_monitor/
  8. Second monitor has no image on

Second monitor has no image on: I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu...
  9. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  10. Ghost imaging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost imaging: the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ghost-imaging/bd92ec32-e15d-402e-a778-413bd75f2858