Windows 10: "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

Discus and support "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over." in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP all in one is just over a month old, and it began to have some weird "takeovers" of the mouse pointer coupled with dime size "orbs", that float... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesMorrison3, Oct 16, 2018.

1. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

My HP all in one is just over a month old, and it began to have some weird "takeovers" of the mouse pointer coupled with dime size "orbs", that float around, usually on the right side of my screen. I ran every diagnostic that I could find, virus scans, you name it. Right now at the top of the screen appeared a box, approx. 1inch square, and disappeared. Also did a reset/restore of windows. Open to suggestion on this.

:)

JamesMorrison3, Oct 16, 2018

2. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

My Dell all in one is just over a month old, and it began to have some weird "takeovers" of the mouse pointer coupled with dime size "orbs", that float around, usually on the right side of my screen. I ran every diagnostic that I could find, virus scans,
    you name it. Right now at the top of the screen appeared a box, approx. 1inch square, and disappeared. Also did a reset/restore of windows. Open to suggestion on this.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mark A.YonkoSr, Oct 16, 2018
  3. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

I just now logged on. This is happening "on and off". I had trouble on the startup page entering pin#password. As I write this there is a dime size translucent circle/orb on the upper right hand corner. I'm still under warranty, perhaps my next step should
    be contacting Dell. Thank you for your reply.

Mark A.YonkoSr, Oct 16, 2018
  4. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

"Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over."

1. "Ghost orbs" mouse pointer being "taken over." - Similar Threads - Ghost orbs mouse

2. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  3. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text: I have a large mouse pointer, but it covers the first words of mouse-over and hover text. How can I move that text down or over to the right a bit? And why doesn't Windows take care of this for me?...
  4. Large mouse pointer covers mouse-over text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU, Ram, and Disk being taken up by a ghost account?: I noticed recently that my PC was running a lot slower than normal. I've updated my drivers, defragmented the PC, and have not found a working solution. I was snooping around task manger to see if I could identify the problem, when I saw this: [ATTACH] My CPU, disk, and...
  6. taken over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    taken over: Somehow, someone, has used a developer app to allow windows 10 to make changes to my chrome book android with no windows version remotely. I cannot save files, they get deleted remotely from my chrome files regardless of where or how I save them. My emails are being...
  7. Account Taken Over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Taken Over: Daughter's account somehow took over my main account on my PC? Tried to get help fixing but they said I couldn't change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-taken-over/0fffddda-61de-4454-a800-7a4df696a072
  8. Administrator Account taken over

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account taken over: DIRECTORY MUDDLE Aug 31st 2019 nb I have previously been a member as Windymiller but owing to current problem could not access the USB stick containing my passwords. My last post concerned backing up a WindowsImage file. Since then the problems have seriously escalated....
  9. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...
  10. Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer bouncing all over the desktop: My pointer is very unstable. The problem begins during the boot sequence and before the user account sign in. I've dampened the pointer by turning on the trailer and setting it as slow as it would go. That helped a little. It also blinks as the hard drive kicks in. any...