Windows 10: Ghost programs left over from dead drive.

Discus and support Ghost programs left over from dead drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I have my os and most important programs downloaded to my SSD, which would be my C drive. But, my spinner died D drive which had mostly games and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imjusthereforthehelp, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Ghost programs left over from dead drive.

So, I have my os and most important programs downloaded to my SSD, which would be my C drive. But, my spinner died D drive which had mostly games and junk on it. I've done some online research but I feel that this is a very specific and strange problem. So, when I go to apps and features, I can still see example Minecraft still installed on the D drive in there. When I attempt to delete or uninstall Minecraft, it says "Missing D Drive" or something similar. Because of this, it also blocks my ability for example to fresh install Minecraft on my C drive, because it already thinks it to be installed on D.

:)

imjusthereforthehelp, Aug 4, 2020

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Stitch194 Win User
    Windowss 10 cannot clone from SSD to Hard Drive

Is a ghost mouse a dead mouse. Just use Macrium as suggested.

Stitch194, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Novrianus Win User

Ghost programs left over from dead drive.

cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead

recently one of my HDD ( drive H;\ ) gone dead, so i try to uninstall some of the program that was installed at drive H:\ so that i can install it again once i buy a new HDD, and this one, epic launcher, cannot be uninstalled, the error prompt is " Invalid
    drive H:\", so i try force remove it with register edit, delete the uninstall section, still came up at my listed program and still cannot be uninstall, try removing all of the Epic launcher register, but still came up at my listed program. any other solution?
    or do i really need to format my OS to remove this problem?

Novrianus, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Ghost programs left over from dead drive.

1. Ghost programs left over from dead drive. - Similar Threads - Ghost programs left

2. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  3. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  4. Residuals and left over registries and services of uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Residuals and left over registries and services of uninstalled programs: Dear Microsoft , I am trying to find a solution for residuals and left out folders and registries of uninstalled programs which possess some problems .When i uninstall a program some programs leave some residuals in registries and install location even selection of option to...
  5. chkdsk left overs

chkdsk left overs: Hello --- I had a problem with one of my drives so I rand chkdsk to correct the issues --- it completed ok, fix the problem, but after a closer look, I found found.xxx folder. the files in these folders were old and the most part were just leftover so I deleted...
  6. Ghost Drive in W10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost Drive in W10.: Hi, I use winaero tweaker to hide a "ghost" drive (E:) that popped up after formatting my USB drive. It's doesn't show in diskpart (listvolume), not in disk management, not in any 3rd party tool (minitool partition, gui format, usbdeview, devicecleanup) and not in...
  7. Ghost Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...
  8. cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant't uninstall program because the Hard drive is dead: recently one of my HDD ( drive H;\ ) gone dead, so i try to uninstall some of the program that was installed at drive H:\ so that i can install it again once i buy a new HDD, and this one, epic launcher, cannot be uninstalled, the error prompt is " Invalid drive H:\", so i...
  9. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.: Trying to reinstall Epic Games Launcher. Previously installed on 2nd HD (E:) which died. Unsurprisingly I can't uninstall it because the drive doesn't exist. I have gone through several other support pages with how to try and get around this. They all point to doing it from...
  10. Left over files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left over files?: Hey, Does anyone know where the left over files and/or folders are when you install a program after you've uninstalled, I am now using Revo but I am not convinced that all files are deleted before the use of Revo. Thank you. 28696