Windows 10: Ghost selection bug in Windows apps

Discus and support Ghost selection bug in Windows apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I am recently facing an issue. In windows apps Settings, windows store, photos,... there seems to be a ghost input. For example when I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hamoonff, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Hamoonff Win User

Ghost selection bug in Windows apps

Hi.

I am recently facing an issue. In windows apps Settings, windows store, photos,... there seems to be a ghost input. For example when I open a photo, it starts zooming in to max, and when I want to zoom out, the slider stutters and as soon I release the mouse button, it goes back to how it was.

In settings, when I open the update page for example, there is a white box around the last option Get Help and again when I want to scroll up, there seems to an invisible force scrolling back down :

I know when it is happening when I see a selection box around last item in any list or view.

I don't think it is related to my input devices, as it only happens in Windows apps not in any other application. A restart fixes it temporarily, but it comes back.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you.

:)

Hamoonff, Oct 31, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 31, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Ghost selection bug in Windows apps

Lenovo Yoga 710 Laptop Ghost-Touching

Hello Claire_167, I am an independent Windows advisor and will be happy to assist you.

To disable the touchscreen you the computer, follow the method below.

Step 1: Open Device Manager, press Win key & X

Step 2: Select Device Manager from the list

(drag the device manager to the right side of the screen to avoid the ghost touching)

Step 3: expand Human Interface Devices

step 4: Right click HID-complaint device and select Disable device

Do this for each HID-complaint device if there are multiple

Step 5: Select yes on the confirmation box

Let me know when you complete this method so we can move onto resolving the ghost touching issue.

Townsend115, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Ghost selection bug in Windows apps

1. Ghost selection bug in Windows apps - Similar Threads - Ghost selection bug

2. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost Apps in Apps & Features: I've installed two apps, then deleted them from Program Files, with Admin permissions, BUT THEY ARE STILL SHOWING UP.When I press uninstall, since the computer thinks the file still exists, it tries to find the uninstall.exe file of it, so that the computer can uninstall the...
  3. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps in Apps & Features: I've installed two apps, then deleted them from Program Files, with Admin permissions, BUT THEY ARE STILL SHOWING UP.When I press uninstall, since the computer thinks the file still exists, it tries to find the uninstall.exe file of it, so that the computer can uninstall the...
  4. Ghost Apps in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ghost app/ file of Autodesk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost app/ file of Autodesk: I have uninstalled every Autodesk's apps, while some fail to do so. When I delete. this msg pop out. so I delete every file I can found in C drive, included the hidden file. And here what it is now, super clean. but still these ghost apps stay still. how can I get rid of...
  6. Ghost app/ file of Autodesk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost app/ file of Autodesk: I have uninstalled every Autodesk's apps, while some fail to do so. When I delete. this msg pop out. so I delete every file I can found in C drive, included the hidden file. And here what it is now, super clean. but still these ghost apps stay still. how can I get rid of...
  7. Ghost app/ file of Autodesk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?: Hello everyone!guest273 here!Now I don't know if this is a bug or a 'unwanted feature', but the issue I'm having is:Usually when I start my day on Windows 10 I open multiple apps and simply select 1 app on the task bar by clicking on it - either if it's a game or Google...
  9. In today's bug: Groove's ghost update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In today's bug: Groove's ghost update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkmkc7/in_todays_bug_grooves_ghost_update/
  10. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it: I've recently been experiencing a problem with the right-click menu. After I select an option (i.e paste, delete etc.), it remains on the screen in a transparent mode. From there, I am unable to select it or anything for that matter. The only solution I've found to remove it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bugged selection

2. pc ghost imput on windiws appa