Windows 10: Ghost taskbar icons.

Discus and support Ghost taskbar icons. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As we all know Windows 11 comes with taskbar center alligned with all the apps and its icons. My Windows version :- Windows 11 Home Upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PiyushMhatre, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Ghost taskbar icons.

As we all know Windows 11 comes with taskbar center alligned with all the apps and its icons. My Windows version :- Windows 11 Home Upgraded from Windows 10 home . And I have noticed a bug which I can re-create it anytime and it occurs all time. So basically when I bring my mouse pointer on the wifi, volume and battery icons and hover on them and then move the mouse pointer towards left I can see the icons name even I am not pointing on them. Please see the image below to understand the issue. :- In this image the mouse pointer is showing the keyboard layout pop-up box's data even if I am n

:)

PiyushMhatre, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 18, 2022
  3. razam Win User
    Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar

Hello everybody,

I am having an issue with Mozilla Thunderbird. During installation on Windows 10, I chose to pin it to the taskbar.

Today, I tried to unpin Thunderbird from the taskbar; unfortunately this resulted in a phantom/ghost icon. I can move its position on the taskbar in the same way as other icons. I can right-click on it, which brings up the same Thunderbird context menu as before. However, a left-click does not start Thunderbird (or do anything).

After this, I repinned Thunderbird to the taskbar but that did not help. At this point I had two icons for Thunderbird: a phantom/ghost and one that worked as it should.

Now, I try to unpin the working Thunderbird icon. The result is two phantom/ghost icons for Thunderbird.

I have no idea what is going on. Please help. Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Mark

PS: If you could direct me to a built-in GUI taskbar manager of some kind that would be awesome!

razam, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Ghost taskbar icons.

Ghost Taskbar Button

Hi Blake,

For us to isolate your concern with the invisible mail icon on your taskbar, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • Send us a screenshot of your taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Ghost taskbar icons.

1. Ghost taskbar icons. - Similar Threads - Ghost taskbar icons

2. Ghost icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icons on taskbar: After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 I noticed that I had some ghost icons from Windows 10 still on the taskbar in the bottom left hand side. I have tried everything I can think of including a complete reinstall of Windows 11. Can anyone help? I am using an Alienware M15 R2....
  3. Ghost icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost icons on taskbar: After upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 I noticed that I had some ghost icons from Windows 10 still on the taskbar in the bottom left hand side. I have tried everything I can think of including a complete reinstall of Windows 11. Can anyone help? I am using an Alienware M15 R2....
  4. Ghost taskbar icons.

Ghost taskbar icons.: As we all know Windows 11 comes with taskbar center alligned with all the apps and its icons. My Windows version :- Windows 11 Home Upgraded from Windows 10 home . And I have noticed a bug which I can re-create it anytime and it occurs all time. So basically when I bring my...
  5. Ghost icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icons in taskbar: All of a sudden some apps in my taskbar have become invisible and I've tried tons and tons of ways to fix it but it just doesn't work... I tried the Windows Explorer Kill "solution" , the iconcache.db clearer and yes PNG files do work and I don't need to do the registry...
  6. Ghost icons in taskbar

Ghost icons in taskbar: All of a sudden some apps in my taskbar have become invisible and I've tried tons and tons of ways to fix it but it just doesn't work... I tried the Windows Explorer Kill "solution" , the iconcache.db clearer and yes PNG files do work and I don't need to do the registry...
  7. Ghost icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Ghost Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost Taskbar Icons: Hi, I just found out that I can customize my taskbar, which I tried doing. However, now I have ghost taskbar icons which I can't seem to get rid of. I turned off the Show Cortana button, Show Task View Button, and set the Search to Show search icon. Then, I moved my icons to...
  9. ghost icons

in Windows 10 Support
    ghost icons: All of a sudden, when I open and excel or word file, the file opens corrently but on the screen is a lightly shaded pop up of the same file icon. It's weird and annoying. Any ideas on how to make it stop? Windows 10 build 176.18.1000 146926
  10. Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar: Hello everybody, I am having an issue with Mozilla Thunderbird. During installation on Windows 10, I chose to pin it to the taskbar. Today, I tried to unpin Thunderbird from the taskbar; unfortunately this resulted in a phantom/ghost icon. I can move its position on the...