Windows 10: Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

Discus and support Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I replaced my Hard disk with SSD, I'm getting this strange problem in windows 10.If i'm in contact with the CPU cabinet everything is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonydavid13, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

After I replaced my Hard disk with SSD, I'm getting this strange problem in windows 10.If i'm in contact with the CPU cabinet everything is working fine.But once I dont touch it, I'm not able to type or it types random characters automatically.It sometimes auto scrolls the page to the bottom.Tried uninstalling the keyboard driver, still not luck. Please help me resolve this issue.

:)

Tonydavid13, Nov 13, 2021

2. How to change a HDD being listed as SSD

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on the description, please be informed that manually we cannot change the SSD to HDD. However, let’s try running hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue remain the same after hardware troubleshooting, I suggest you to go to BIOS and check what is HDD is listed on BIOS and let us know.

Hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 13, 2021
  3. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

Windows 10 can not optimize HDD, says it is a SSD Help

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Does the BIOS recognizes the disk as HDD or SSD?

Suggest you to set the Optimize Drives Service to start automatically from the services window to check if that helps.

1. Open the run window, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
    2. Search for Optimize Drives Service and select the start-up type as automatic. Also ensure to start the service.

If you have set SATA controller to AHCI mode for Solid State Drive, in Device Manager it would show as SATA hard disk.

Follow these steps:

1. Click start, type “Defragment” and click “Defragment and Optimize your drives”.
    2. On the “Defragment and Optimize your drives” window. Make sure that your SSD is categorized as an SSD.
    3. If it’s not, then you can set it as a SSD on your bios. This way, you don’t have to exclude your SSD or disable any scheduled defragmentation.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

1. Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD. - Similar Threads - Ghost typing issue

2. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  3. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  4. Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.: After I replaced my Hard disk with SSD, I'm getting this strange problem in windows 10.If i'm in contact with the CPU cabinet everything is working fine.But once I dont touch it, I'm not able to type or it types random characters automatically.It sometimes auto scrolls the...
  5. Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost typing issue in windows 10 after changing HDD to SSD.: After I replaced my Hard disk with SSD, I'm getting this strange problem in windows 10.If i'm in contact with the CPU cabinet everything is working fine.But once I dont touch it, I'm not able to type or it types random characters automatically.It sometimes auto scrolls the...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation changed HDD to SSD: Hello, I just changed my storage from HDD to SDD and I used my old ISO copy of Windows 10 which I got from registering a reserved copy from an email I received from Microsoft a few years ago. I noticed Windows didn't automatically activate on my PC which is quite unusual. I...
  7. Freezing after change HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after change HDD to SSD: Dear Admin/Moderator My desktop is Lenovo Q190 with intel i3, 4GB RAM. I changed internal HDD with SSD (Hikvision SSD 120GB). I make 2 partitions : 1st. 93GB and 2nd.13GB. I Installed clean Windows 10 Pro ver.1093. It was running well for an hour, suddenly Freezing and...
  8. HDD and SSD issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD and SSD issues: Hello I recently reinstalled Windows 10 via USB due to an annoying virus that wouldn't let me reset my pc or install updates. I picked my D drive (which is usually my SSD to install the OS on as I was thinking I’d get faster speeds so why not) to install the OS on and the...
  9. See if Disk Type is SSD or HDD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Disk Type is SSD or HDD in Windows 10: How to: See if Disk Type is SSD or HDD in Windows 10 How to See if Disk Type is SSD or HDD in Windows 10 You can easily check to see if the disk type for your drives are SSD or HDD in Windows 10 without having to physically look at them or use 3rd party software. A...
  10. Changing a HDD To a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing a HDD To a SSD: Good day to all. I have a windows 10 desktop with two drives installed the main C drive is a SSD which holds all my programs and of course the operating system. Second drive is a HDD which is F drive has all my documents pictures music and so on. Now I have a spare SSD that...