Windows 10: 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Discus and support 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. I've been searching this problem online but I can't find a solution that actually works for me. Though others have had this problem too,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xai Temaki, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Hello all. I've been searching this problem online but I can't find a solution that actually works for me.

Though others have had this problem too, there's a little caveat to mine which I'll get to in a bit.

I have the item showing up in Devices & Printers named "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). And it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every couple of seconds.

when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag, but this is a big problem when you're an artist and trying to draw with a graphics tablet.

It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep, but I turned off system sound completely so that isn't bothering me (however that is obviously a poor temporary work around)

but the biggest annoyance aside from the moment of lag that can interrupt my pen flow, is that every time it does, some fans in the back of my computer flare up. I can't begin to describe how utterly agonising it becomes after a while of hearing those fans flare up and fade down and flare up over and over and over again. It's driving me insane. Listening to music is the only way I can stomach it.

This stupid USB just keeps reconnecting and reconnecting.

But here's the weird thing I mentioned...

The USB doesn't exist.

I feel like I've seen some other people have this problem but it's really hard to search for because all I usually find is articles and videos about actual USB devices disconnecting and other Windows 10 issues.

I have unplugged each device one at a time and still see the Unknown USB Device appear and disappear repeatedly in the Devices and Printers window.

I did this for each and every USB device until there just wasn't anything connected by USB any more.

Furthermore, each and every one of those devices is listed in the top section of the Devices and Printers window, under its proper name and icon, with no errors, and is working absolutely fine. and of course would disappear from the list when unplugged, then reappear when I plug it back in.

But even with EVERYTHING unplugged, this Unknown USB Device still keeps doing its thing.

I did see on one page someone recommended checking if you have USB ports on your monitor and if they're working. I realised I DO have USB ports on one of my monitors but I tried disconnecting the monitor and it did not stop.

I do regular cleanups and registry cleans with CCleaner. I've done all the latest updates, restarted the machine (which I really hate doing)

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel Core 17 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

Ram 6.00 GB

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

Xai Temaki, Oct 10, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 10, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Oct 10, 2019
  4. 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

1. 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Similar Threads - 'Ghost' USB constantly

2. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed: I've had a bit of a story about this one controller that I am trying to get to work on my dell laptop. I get the following error when plugging it in "USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  6. USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting

USB Error Code 45 Device Descriptor Request Failed Constant Reconnecting: Over the past 2 months I've been getting a usb error popup that tells me a usb device was not recognized. Its not a solution, but I turned off the notification popup and turned down System sounds in my volume mixer so I didn't have to keep listening to the constant...
  7. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  10. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...