Windows 10: Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

Discus and support Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using Lenovo Legion-Y530. I have a problem with a ghost USB device in port#4_Hub#1I have 3 USB ports on my laptop. The device connects/disconnects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MehdiMostafavi, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

I'm using Lenovo Legion-Y530. I have a problem with a ghost USB device in port#4_Hub#1I have 3 USB ports on my laptop. The device connects/disconnects randomly, sometimes every 20 seconds and sometimes every hour or more, and plays a sound which I plug/unplug a real USB device. I thought this is ESETs problem because when I clicked on driver details, it seems that this device is related to ESET: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\edevmon.sys" which was for ESET, I uninstalled it and edevmon.sys removed but nothing changed, it doesn't show me driver details anymore. What I've tried:
    1. unplugged every external USB device
    2. Disable USB power from power options.
    3. Uninstall ESET
    4. Tried safe mode
    5. Remove USB driver
    6. Update windows and drivers if fact, No update available
      Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly 1b1330fb-3b3f-4e43-bc6f-a4cc094f2df9?upload=true.png

:)

MehdiMostafavi, Dec 20, 2020

2. USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

1. Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly - Similar Threads - Ghost USB driver

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  4. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  5. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  6. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  7. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

8. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random: So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports. I have a total of four...
  9. USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigman30685 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrjsc/usb_devices_randomly_disconnect_and_reconnect/
  10. 'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Ghost' USB constantly reconnects (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello all. I've been searching this problem online but I can't find a solution that actually works for me. Though others have had this problem too, there's a little caveat to mine which I'll get to in a bit. I have the item showing up in Devices & Printers named "Unknown...