Windows 10: Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens

Discus and support Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sooooo, I was trying to uninstall McAfee Total Protection (b/c was my fb account was hacked anyway), and ran into a problem with trying to retrieve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YOU SHOULD REFUND ME, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens

Sooooo, I was trying to uninstall McAfee Total Protection (b/c was my fb account was hacked anyway), and ran into a problem with trying to retrieve documents I'd kept in their vaulted folders option. I reactivated Windows Defense before I did the following.... So I restored, twice, to the last and only restore date offered which was just after a "critical Windows update" was installed that morning. Both restores were "successful" but after I tired to restart my laptop, it crashed, then automatically started to diagnose problems and repair startup unsuccessfully. So because I am not versed in command prompts and I am not a technical computer expert, the only other option at the time was reset operating system and start all over with personal files intact, but missing apps and programs. However, the old lock screen image for my account showed up along with another account under the same name. My personalized display screen image also showed up. Now, I can logon with my old account using the old lock screen image and I can also logon to another account, under the same name with a pre-installed Microsoft image like when you first purchase a laptop with an Windows operating system. I know this b/c I switched user accounts and it gave me this option.

I re-installed my laptop to how it was when I purchased it with the Dell Delivery system update and updated Windows 10. Things were working well I guess, but I noticed that when I power on my laptop, sometimes the old lock screen image shows up and sometimes the Microsoft one shows up. Now when I tried to change my old lock screen image, it does not even give me the option.

What's going on? I run scans a couple times a day for malware, etc. Also, sometimes when I power on my laptop, a command prompt flashes on the screen and disappears just before I can longon to my account.

Do I actually have two different user accounts under the same name or one account that chooses for itself which lock screen to display? Is my computer hacked?

:)

YOU SHOULD REFUND ME, Aug 24, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Loss of lock screen personalization.

Hi,

The feature of customizing background for lock screen is still available.

Refer the article below to do customize lock screen.

Personalize your lock screen

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17185/windows-10-lock-screen

If the Browse button is not enabled in your device to choose the picture, as an initial step I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your computer and even you can upgrade to the latest available build check if it fixes the issue.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens

1. Ghost User Account/ Windows Update problems/personalized lock screens - Similar Threads - Ghost User Account

2. Personal Account Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Account Locked: The sign-in option is disabled in my windows 11 laptop.when I try to login I get to see the place where you enter the pin then when I enter the pin it shows "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".First a two hour lock where...
  3. Personal Account Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Account Locked: The sign-in option is disabled in my windows 11 laptop.when I try to login I get to see the place where you enter the pin then when I enter the pin it shows "this sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns".First a two hour lock where...
  4. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  5. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  6. Personalize lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize lock Screen: Question about Windows Spotlight. I am getting picture repeats, not all the time, but more frequently as time goes on. What this world doesn't have many new pictures to choose from? Why same pictures?...
  7. Lock Screen Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Personalization: Hello. When I turned on my Windows 10 PC there was each day a different picture by Getty Images on my Start Screen and Lock screen. It was lovely and provided information on each landscape. Unfortunately, since yesterday, I no longer see different pictures, yet there appears...
  8. Windows 10 Ghost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Ghost User Account: I've searched high and low on the web. It seems like this has been discussed alot but unfortunatley none of the fixes i have found worked. Here is my issue: I have 2 users on my PC. My PC boots right into one of the users but I do not want that. I'd like the PC to boot like...
  9. Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...
  10. Ghost user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ghost user: I got a cloned user, that ever time i turn up my pc, it blocks the screen, and display wrong password, i don't know why it duplicated the user, and the password doesn't work [img] Are 2 users named CAIO, one of then my pass work and another dont [img]...