Windows 10: GHz Problem

Discus and support GHz Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there Problem with my laptop again, I recently purchased the MSI PS63 Modern off of the Microsoft website and under tech specs it says it should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SofaJay, Nov 23, 2019.

1. SofaJay Win User

GHz Problem

Hi there

Problem with my laptop again, I recently purchased the MSI PS63 Modern off of the Microsoft website and under tech specs it says it should go up to 4.6 GHz but it's stuck at around 1.6 GHz. I've tried switching the mode in order to increase it but it won't budge?

I bought this laptop specifically because I needed my programs to work faster for school but unfortunately my 3 year old HP laptop has a higher GHz at the moment :/

Is there any way to increase it or do I have to buy a new processor in order to get what was advertised?

:)

SofaJay, Nov 23, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

Hello
    DGK75,

Based on the information you've provided, it is possible that your laptop doesn't support 5ghz network. To check if your laptop supports 5Ghz bandwidth, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key + R. A run dialog box with open.
    2. Type cmd, then press Enter.
    3. On the command prompt, type "netsh wlan show drivers" then press
      Enter.
    4. Look for "Radio types supported" section.
    • 802.11g and 802.11n network modes -
      2.4 GHz network capability only.
    • 802.11n 802.11g and 802.11b network modes -
      2.4GHz network capability only.
    • 802.11a and 802.11g and 802.11n network modes -
      2.4 GHz and 5GHz network capability.

Also, make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your wireless card. Drivers can normally be found in the Support section from the manufacturers website where you will find a Software and Drivers sub-section. You can also refer to this support
    article: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 23, 2019
  4. GHz Problem

Trying to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz HELP!

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your Wireless adapter

Click Properties

Click the Advanced tab

In the Property list, choose Band

Click in the Value list box

Choose 5 Ghz

Andre for Directly, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

GHz Problem

1. GHz Problem - Similar Threads - GHz Problem

2. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  3. How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i connect my 2.4 ghz android device to the my PC hotspot sourced 5ghz band Ethernet: Hi. I am trying to convert my Hotspot connection from 5GHz to 2.5GHz so that my Android phone could connect to my internet connection. I tried looking it up at my settings but the option to change my wireless band is not there. my source of hotspot is 5ghz band ethernet on my...
  4. new 5 GHz Bell pure fibe

new 5 GHz Bell pure fibe: I recently had the new Bell pure fibe 5 GHz installed including new modem. Everything works but the printer. I ran diagnostic on hp printer and all is in working order, connected to internet, ready. Laptop settings say printer is online and fine. I tried connecting laptop to...
  5. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  6. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  7. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. 5 GHz band problem and request time out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5 GHz band problem and request time out: In my PC, using TP Link wireless adapter AC600 v1.0 i can't connect it to my 5Ghz band when it is plugged at the back of my PC, it says "cant connect to this network" if i plug in the front it gets connected but I'm not to able play games with ease i get constant 300 - 500...
  9. Ryzen 3600 suddenly does not cross 1 GHz after boot. Soon after a reboot, the problem...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ryzen 3600 suddenly does not cross 1 GHz after boot. Soon after a reboot, the problem...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sounab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1li16/ryzen_3600_suddenly_does_not_cross_1_ghz_after/
  10. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1.18 ghz instead of 2.4 ghz on hp cpu