Windows 10: giant folder in d drive

Discus and support giant folder in d drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! So there is a folder in my d drive named my laptop name. I tried to delete it today but decided to cancel halfway through, in case it would damage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doge_man848, Dec 1, 2020.

1. giant folder in d drive

Hi! So there is a folder in my d drive named my laptop name. I tried to delete it today but decided to cancel halfway through, in case it would damage my computer. The icon doesn't have a normal folder icon, instead it's a disc above what looks like a hard drive with a green arrow pointing down. Before I canceled the delete, I saw "removing 400 out of 800 gigabytes". It takes up that much storage?! I came here to ask if I can delete the file from my computer or not. Help would be appreciated! (I'm on Windows 10 on an acer laptop)

submitted by /u/Doge_man848
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doge_man848, Dec 1, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 1, 2020
  3. dianaΤ Win User
    my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

my d drive is the same folder as my downloads folder and the important things I have in my d drive are now in the same place as my downloads and it's bad because sometimes I almost remove things that are important because I forget that my d drive and downloads
    folder are the same. Like I have a bunch of folders there that I've almost deleted numerous of times because I think im in the downloads folder and that it's just a copy of the original folder and then I remember that I'm on the actual drive. And it's really
    hard to clean out my stuff because I don't know what is what. Like sometimes I don't know if the file or folder in there is something that is downloaded and that I don't need or something important. I don't remember how this happened but I think that I was
    trying to make my d drive my main drive and one some way I changed the location of the drive to my downloads folder. Because I wanted the things I download to go into the d drive folder and not the c drive because I use that one for programs but I didn't want
    my downloads folder to be my d drive!

Is there any way to change it so my downloads folder is my downloads folder and that my d drive is somewhere else again?

Moved From:

dianaΤ, Dec 1, 2020
  4. giant folder in d drive

Trying to make a folder that leads to my D drive.

Hi Mohammed,

Creating a shortcut on your desktop that will point to a folder in your D drive is possible. Here's how to do it:

• Open your D drive.
    • Right-click the folder that you want to create a shortcut for.
    • Select Send to, then Desktop.
    For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

giant folder in d drive

1. giant folder in d drive - Similar Threads - giant folder drive

2. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  3. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  4. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  5. Files and folders in D drive

Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  6. Pictures folder unavailable in D drive

Pictures folder unavailable in D drive: I've noticed recently that my pictures folder is no longer available. When I go to open it I get a warning message telling me it is unavailable, having either been disconnected or deleted. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete it and it is internal to my D drive but the drive is...
  7. Videos folder is now on d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  8. Videos folder is now on d drive

Videos folder is now on d drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  9. Videos Folder is now D Drive

Videos Folder is now D Drive: I wanted to move my Videos folder from my C drive to my D drive. I set the new location to "D:/" instead of an actual folder, as I wasn't paying attention to what i was doing. This renamed the Videos folder to "D:/", and when i click on it. it just redirects me to the D...
  10. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

D Drive and Download Folder Gone: After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery...