Windows 10: Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size)

Discus and support Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I went to drag and drop a file today and noticed the transparent icon was much bigger than I remembered it. I haven't changed any settings recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewSta, Jun 19, 2019.

1. AndrewSta Win User

Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size)

So I went to drag and drop a file today and noticed the transparent icon was much bigger than I remembered it. I haven't changed any settings recently so I did some searching and found no answers online. The only thing I found were people saying this large icon was normal. I checked on my other pc, which is running the same version of windows 10, and found that it was still the normal sized icon. I'll attach images showing both sizes. Does anyone know what causes this or if a solution has been found yet?

Normal size (5 rows in height):

Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size) [​IMG]

Abnormal size (10 rows in height, +massive text)

Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size) fa56d38a-ee8d-43db-8739-c3130362ad7e?upload=true.png

:)

AndrewSta, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 19, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Elephant size drag and drop 'icon'/image

Hi gang -

Is there a fix to get rid of this super size drag and drop icon/image ?

(which I believe started in Win8 ? Or have I forgotten about a fix I may have used five years ago when starting on Win7 ? )

Is there no nuance left in Windows ? It's making life difficult, and I really have a hard time understanding

how this monster is considered useful, or in any way necessary .

Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size) b45d0154-03bf-4b64-b6eb-299c65ba025f.jpg

While I'm grousing on about this... I also reckon the bulky tool bar, or whatever the new term, is also awkward.

Particularly the loss of the slider to change between details, list, and icon size.

EDIT: I just noticed that when I go to select an image to add to the post the old slider is available.

Now if I could just get 'File Explorer' and the shortcuts I've pinned to it to do the same....

Thanks in advance -

BossDweeb, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Emuluze Win User

drag & drop icon

in Windows 10, can I turn the drag & drop icon off, it is too big and makes it difficult to see where I'm dropping the file (the font/icon size is already at the smallest setting) It's already caused several 'misdrops'

Emuluze, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Giant sized icon on drag and drop (abnormal size) - Similar Threads - Giant sized icon

2. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  3. Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon size whilst dragging and dropping.: How do I change the size of the icon whilst using drag and drop? The size is ludicrous and you cannot see where you are moving files to - it is deeply infuriating....
  4. Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Sizes: Anyone help me? It hurts my eyes to see some icons being smaller than others. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-sizes/7a2cb0dd-813f-4323-aac0-ea8f74e1f33c
  5. Giant size mouse pointer and curser.

in Windows 10 Support
    Giant size mouse pointer and curser.: For the longest time, my Win 10 (v 10.0.18363) PC has had an annoying habit of suddenly jumping from my small mouse pointer and curser size to a GIANT SIZE of each. The settings for such things has not changed, but I cannot find a way to reverse the change. Can anyone give me...
  6. Is there a setting to change the icon size in drag-&-drop? Or even get rid of it?

Is there a setting to change the icon size in drag-&-drop? Or even get rid of it?: On the basis that a picture is worth 1000 words, I attach an image showing screenshots of a simple drag-&-drop operation in both Windows 7 and Windows 10. I’m simply dragging a file from an open folder onto an icon in this case it’s another folder; it could just as well be an...
  7. Icon sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon sizes: I downloaded a 2020 upgrade to my embroidery digitizing program, Embird. It also has an iconizer which shows pics of my designs when I look in Windows Explorer. Until I upgraded, the icons could be made into several appearances from list to extra large icons. Since the...
  8. icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon size: My Pandora app is tiny on both my app site and the taskbar. I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/icon-size/eccce19c-3ddf-4749-b69c-956e5bb66dec
  9. Icon size

Icon size: I have been setting up a newer computer and I have setup the recommended size for the display (1360X768) but the desktop icons and all displayed items seem to tall to me. Is there a way to adjust these so they not so tall? Thanks Ben 63368
  10. icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    icon size: The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ?? 24602

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag and drop icon size