Windows 10: Gifs as desktop backgrounds

Discus and support Gifs as desktop backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a Win 10 laptop, and I thought it would look nice to have a gif as a background. The only problem is that it doesn't play the gif, it stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathanSpurlock, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Gifs as desktop backgrounds

I'm using a Win 10 laptop, and I thought it would look nice to have a gif as a background.

The only problem is that it doesn't play the gif, it stuck on the first frame.

Is there any solution to this, or will I have to remain gif-less?

:)

NathanSpurlock, Feb 12, 2019

2. Gifs as desktop backgrounds

I'm using a Win 10 laptop, and I thought it would look nice to have a gif as a background.

The only problem is that it doesn't play the gif, it stuck on the first frame.

Is there any solution to this, or will I have to remain gif-less?

NathanSpurlock, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Is it possible to run GIF as desktop background in Windows 10?

Is it possible to run GIF as desktop background in W10 ? If so , how ? I can't figure it out .

<Original title - GIF >

Brian Hodge, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Gifs as desktop backgrounds

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Gifs as desktop backgrounds

1. Gifs as desktop backgrounds - Similar Threads - Gifs desktop backgrounds

2. Desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background: Hello my pc background changed while my pc was turned off.And it is a troll picture so someone who knows me made it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/7bf70d62-fda5-4554-8311-eccfe79d0bf2
  3. desktop background

desktop background: Ho do I change the amount of time between picture changes on my Windows 10 background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/85ab920d-8574-4999-8974-92070b72e0dc
  4. desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background: Ho do I change the amount of time between picture changes on my Windows 10 background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/85ab920d-8574-4999-8974-92070b72e0dc
  5. desktop background

desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  6. desktop background

desktop background: How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/b4ad2c56-14e3-4004-bcb4-b780fc75c0bd
  7. Unable to find the GIFs and how to set up as desktop background

Unable to find the GIFs and how to set up as desktop background: I purchased a NASA picture of the day and was charged by my Microsoft account.I cannot find the picture on m computer. Where did it go? Also, how do you get images of gifs to show on the desktop background? They show fine in my pictures in photos? Please help? <Edited...
  8. Turn on a gif desktop background with gpo on windows 7 and 10, this is possible

Turn on a gif desktop background with gpo on windows 7 and 10, this is possible: Hi , is it possible deploy on windows 7 and 10 a .gif desktop background with gpo directroy, or i have to always use another application to turn on the gif? i was reading a lot , and there is not so much information about .gif, i created the gif with 3 photos and run ok...
  9. Desktop Background

Desktop Background: Hi Microsoft Team, I'm Vansh, a very frequent customer and faithful one too of yours. But I'm facing a problem now. I've tried each and every size of image on my desktop background but it still becomes blurry, no matter it is equal to the resolution of screen (resolution/size...
  10. .gif Desktop for my Windows 10

.gif Desktop for my Windows 10: Hello, I am using a Windows 10 Home Laptop with HP Brand. In Windows 95, NT4, 98 (SE), 2000 and ME, you could use .gif files for desktop, in WIndows XP and later, they've removed the compatibility, and I am Windows 10 Home Laptop x64 HP. I want an application that can play...