Windows 10: gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?

Discus and support gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i was given a PC have a relative passed away. I am not sure i will be able to login to there account in order to “remove this pc” from their account.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Happy7Camper, Sep 15, 2019.

1. gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?

i was given a PC have a relative passed away. I am not sure i will be able to login to there account in order to “remove this pc” from their account. If i am unable to remove this computer from said account, what do i do ? Can i do a fresh install and not worry about it still being attached to their account ? What should i do ?

:)

Happy7Camper, Sep 15, 2019

2. Gifting my PC

I have windows pc that I want to gift. I want the new owner to be able to use the programs that I've installed. However, I do not want the new owner to have access to my Microsoft account. I currently sign in with my Microsoft password. If I delete this
    device from my Microsoft account, what will happen when the new owner turns on the PC? Will the new owner still need my Microsoft sign in password to use the PC? If so, before I deliver the PC to the new owner and before I delete the device from my account,
    should I establish a local sign in password that the new owner can use?

Thanks for your help.

StanGrubman, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Store announces PC digital game gifting

Source: PC Digital Game Gifting is Here - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 15, 2019
  4. gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?

Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ?

1. gifted a PC but it’s still attached to previous owner ? - Similar Threads - gifted it’s still

2. Cannot Delete Previously Downloaded Attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete Previously Downloaded Attachments: These were sent to me as mail attachments that i downloaded - now I cannot delete them from my downloads - I've tried every 'delete' option and also deleted the email and removed the email from my trash There is no error message when i try to delete they just do nothing - I...
  3. Cannot Delete Previously Downloaded Attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete Previously Downloaded Attachments: These were sent to me as mail attachments that i downloaded - now I cannot delete them from my downloads - I've tried every 'delete' option and also deleted the email and removed the email from my trash There is no error message when i try to delete they just do nothing - I...
  4. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?: Hi. I purchased a "refurbished" Dell Optiplex mini. corporate Off-LeaseIt looks like the PC was not properly sanitized.After following the recommended procedure of updating BIOS, complete wipe/clean of disk and re-install of official MS downloaded Win10 from USB stick, upon...
  5. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?: Hi. I purchased a "refurbished" Dell Optiplex mini. corporate Off-LeaseIt looks like the PC was not properly sanitized.After following the recommended procedure of updating BIOS, complete wipe/clean of disk and re-install of official MS downloaded Win10 from USB stick, upon...
  6. Windows 10 license on refurbished PC locked to previous owner. How to solve ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bypass previous owner login and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass previous owner login and password: My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass that to get into windows to make it my daughters laptop?...
  8. remove previous owners account from device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  9. Gifting My PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gifting My PC: Hi, I am in the process of gifting my laptop to a friend and would like to find the "cleanest" way to remove all of my files before I give it to him. Any assistance will be appreciated. I have an HP Pavillion Notebook, Microsoft Windows 10 Home version. *** Email address is...
  10. Did my PC's previous owner have Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did my PC's previous owner have Windows 10?: Hi, I got a laptop out of the dumpster. The disk was thoroughly dead so I replaced it and installed Window 8.1 (the version the laptop shipped with). The license key is in firmware, so it activated fine. My question is: is there a way to know if the previous owner had...