Windows 10: Gigabit Ethernet does not work

Discus and support Gigabit Ethernet does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, So i just installed a Gigabit ethernet line through my house, i instantly noticed that when i do a speedtest i only get arround 90-100 mbps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanTrummer, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Gigabit Ethernet does not work

Hello,

So i just installed a Gigabit ethernet line through my house, i instantly noticed that when i do a speedtest i only get arround 90-100 mbps, so i checked device manager and it says "100 mbps" there on the ethernet adapter

Gigabit Ethernet does not work 2b9bc5c6-bb0c-4f23-883c-d6ec924ec004?upload=true.png

However, i can select 1 Gigabit Ether on my Ethernet Adapter via Device manager

Gigabit Ethernet does not work cff6d749-8228-4904-b2ab-496caaf25512?upload=true.png

Which in theory tells me that my Ethernet is 1 Gigabit capable, but if i select it my ethernet will just be gone and the PC and i have to reset it to Auto Negition or 100 mbps again to make the internet work again.

What could possibly cause the issue? I dont think its faulty wiring cause if the wires werent Gigabit wires which they are they are Cat 6 cables then i would not be able to select 1 Gbps.

:)

JanTrummer, Dec 18, 2020
  2. nick_1992 Win User

Gigabit Ethernet not working

Hello, been a while since i've posted on here but i'm in kind of a bind. I just recently setup my house so that everything is gigabit, all CAT6 cables tested out for 1000mbps and routers and switches are all gig as well. However my main pc has a gig card built into it, a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller but it will only detect 100mbps and even if i force it to 1000mbps it still will only work at 100mbps.

When i do force 1000mbps the link lights are completely dead and it's acting as if there is no cable connected, but will work at 100mbps full duplex just fine... I'm at a loss here. *Bang Head :banghead:

If anyone has an idea as how to fix this it would be welcome *Smile Gigabit Ethernet does not work :)

The driver version is 11.41.3.3 btw.

nick_1992, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Gigabit Ethernet network card

How can I configure my 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network card for maximum speed in Windows 10?

MichaelVasquez1, Dec 18, 2020
  4. erdihu Win User

Gigabit Ethernet does not work

Yet another gigabit ethernet issue

Hello everyone,

Found this forum from my Google searches but couldn't find a similar issue.

I use ethernet cable to connect my laptop to a router. My router supports gigabit connection and the wiring of the house is cat 5e. Yet the connection is very unstable on my machine and I hardly see 1 Gbps negotiation. It is mostly auto negotiated as 100 Mbps. Read similar topics and saw that the problem often lies from the infrastructure. However, I did see 1 Gbit connection a couple of times within Windows 10 so I eliminated that out of the equation.

Here's what I have tried so far:

• I tried to set to 1 Gbps full duplex from auto negotiation in ethernet card settings. (I have onboard RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller) This did not change the negotiation speed, it remained on 100 Mbps.

• I tried booting to Ubuntu from an USB drive to check the connection and it was 1 Gbps and pretty stable; by that I mean it did not decrease the negotiation speed. Here you can see the hardware output from Ubuntu: Hardware output
    • Strangely, after rebooting from Ubuntu to Windows 10, I saw 1 Gbps connection on ethernet status. However, this was temporary and switched automatically back to 100Mbps after some minutes. Plugging the ethernet cable out and back in multiple times sometimes helps to get 1 Gbit connection but this too is a temporary solution.

Any tip would be appreciated. Thanks.

erdihu, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Gigabit Ethernet does not work

1. Gigabit Ethernet does not work - Similar Threads - Gigabit Ethernet does

2. Windows 10 Gigabit Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Gigabit Ethernet: Howdy, I got gigabit internet in my apartment. A wifi speed test on my phone showed 400 mbps. The computer was at 90 mbps but when I followed this guide my speed was 900 mbps. Later I magically get downgraded to 90 mbps again. I check the speed and duplex setting and it was...
  3. Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds

Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds: Hi there, I am thinking of upgrading to fibre to get gigabit speeds around (950/500ish) And I am wondering how can I confirm that my network card (via ethernet) will actually support gigagbit speeds? I have checked these two settings here, and the network card actually has...
  4. Driver for Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet for Windows 10

Driver for Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet for Windows 10: Using Windows 10 Pro -- 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 I have an older PC HP Compac dc5700 Microtower running the above named version of Windows 10. I'm looking for the correct updated driver for the on-boardBroadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet driver that is compatible with my...
  5. USB Gigabit Ethernet card disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Gigabit Ethernet card disconnecting randomly: Hello, I have a Insignia Gigabit Ethernet adapter that is connected through USB 3.0 no hub. Very frequently my network adapter briefly disconnects accompanied by the windows device unplugged chime and immediately reconnects. I have already tried reinstalling the drivers for...
  6. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is not working: Hello, my laptop is Lenovo ideapad 120s-14iap. I bought this usb to ethernet device and it works on all my other devices. In my laptop I have 2 usb ports and I can't even see anything on device manager when I plug it in. I tried few things myself. 1- I tried to install the...
  7. Gigabit Ethernet network card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gigabit Ethernet network card: How can I configure my 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network card for maximum speed in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gigabit-ethernet-network-card/70b58a43-e662-4cf9-9a34-d740fa754076
  8. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not working in USB3.0 port: Following the latest Windows 10 update ( 1803 build 17134.285 ) I notice that my USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is no longer working. It does not switch from WiFi to ethernet in the taskbar when connected. Oddly this is ONLY happening when I plug it into either of my...
  9. cannot get gigabit ethernet to work

cannot get gigabit ethernet to work: I have a Lenovo Alli n one PC AIO 520, it has a realtek gigabit LAN card, however i have tried to enable it every which way and i cannot get gigabit data transfers, i cannot exceed 10MBps, I have checked and rechecked the cabling, the router, the settings in windows and the...
  10. Yet another gigabit ethernet issue

Yet another gigabit ethernet issue: Hello everyone, Found this forum from my Google searches but couldn't find a similar issue. I use ethernet cable to connect my laptop to a router. My router supports gigabit connection and the wiring of the house is cat 5e. Yet the connection is very unstable on my...