Windows 10: gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware

Discus and support gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Win10 Pro and it was running at full speed meaning when I ran SPEED TEST it clocked at 300Mbps + and my internet service is 300Mbps. Now after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PATRICIARIVAS4, Mar 6, 2021.

1. gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware

I have Win10 Pro and it was running at full speed meaning when I ran SPEED TEST it clocked at 300Mbps + and my internet service is 300Mbps. Now after updating BIOS firmware on motherboard the SPEED TEST clocks around 96Mbps. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I have tried to update the network driver but it seems fruitless because I get the same results.

:)

PATRICIARIVAS4, Mar 6, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Firmware 3.90 with Skype Now Available on Network Update

Fanboy reports that the PSP 3.90 firmware update is now available. The new firmware available only through Network Update will bring Skype for all PSP-2000 models. Here are the official details:
    • Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
    • Skype has been added as a feature under Network. (Only for PSP-2000 series)
    Skype requires a PSP headset in order to work properly.

gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware skyeponpsp_thm.jpg

Source: PSP Fanboy

malware, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Mar 6, 2021
  4. gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware

Dual Wired Network

Does anyone know anything about this dual wired networking ("Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet") I'm seeing in new motherboards? You have the ability to hook in 2 different network cables.
    How does this work? Combining two cable speeds, and if so how efficient? Or connecting to two different networks?

surfsk8snow.jah, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware

1. gigabit network or wired network on my desktop is slower after updating BIOS firmware - Similar Threads - gigabit network wired

2. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  3. Wired Network connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network connection.: Back in the early 2000’s, I ran ethernet to multiple computers in my house. For a while I was able to use it to do a lot of file and printer sharing in the home network, but for the last few years it’s been a lot more iffy, and I’m currently looking at my new Windows 11...
  4. Unstable Gigabit Wired Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable Gigabit Wired Connection: Hi, I use my old PC as a Plex Media Server. The mainboard has a gigabit ethernet port (Realtek RTL8111GR) which worked with no problems until these last 3 weeks, which drops the connection to 100mbps or even 10mbps. When it's the latter (and more often happens lately), it...
  5. Device Manager: Network Adapters always expanded -- Gigabit Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager: Network Adapters always expanded -- Gigabit Network: Gigabit Network Connection network adapter is disabled on my computer that talks to my router over wi-fi, not through a cable. I don't recall having disabled it, but I clearly don't need it when my wi-fi router is only 8 feet away, and everything internet- and home...
  6. Wired Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wired Network: Centurylink4343 is connected to my IP Address When I log in so do they I see the link go up the side of my house To a house address that dose not exist ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/wired-network/555bb853-f7fb-4a7b-9565-1a1ae230beb2
  7. Wired and WIFI Networks

Wired and WIFI Networks: Helloooo! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during these strange times! This is my first post, and I am a relative noob, so please be gentle :) I fully expect I might need to get someone in, for this problem. I am not trying avoid paying anyone. But seeing as I cant get...
  8. gigabit network connection

gigabit network connection: I have lost my network on my desk top. I have tried downloading the drivers to a USB and installing them but system says corrupt files I Have done a fresh install of windows 10 and still no network. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?...
  9. Gigabit Ethernet network card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gigabit Ethernet network card: How can I configure my 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network card for maximum speed in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gigabit-ethernet-network-card/70b58a43-e662-4cf9-9a34-d740fa754076
  10. Wired Network

Wired Network: Hi SOrry if this has been asked before but I want to delete my Network and start a fresh. Can't for the life of me find how to do this. Any help or tips? 38180