Windows 10: Gigabyte B450 Aorus WiFi, frequent BSODs & tab crashes

Discus and support Gigabyte B450 Aorus WiFi, frequent BSODs & tab crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom-built PC with Gigabyte motherboard that gives a BSOD, typically once each day I'm using it. In addition, browser tabs but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MasonDE, Jun 6, 2020.

1. MasonDE Win User

Gigabyte B450 Aorus WiFi, frequent BSODs & tab crashes

I have a custom-built PC with Gigabyte motherboard that gives a BSOD, typically once each day I'm using it. In addition, browser tabs but not the browser crash constantly with no visible lag or decrease in performance. Other times the browser will occasionally turn white and be unresponsive for about 10 seconds, then return to use like nothing ever happened. BSODs will also occur when playing some lighter GPU games, but not others.

New hardware: I installed Windows 10 Pro on an M.2 drive, CHKDSK and a scan for broken sectors revealed nothing. Is there another troubleshooter I should know about?

Things I've tried:

1 Running CHKDSK, with and without the /r switch, no errors were found
    2 Running "Windows Memory Diagnostic" it passed
    3 Installing all Windows Updates
    4 Updating my board to the latest version at this time v. F50, see below
    5 Checking to make sure the memory is in the right slots.
    6 Switching the slots for my M.2, PCI Express Drive on my motherboard this is where Windows is installed.

If there are any troubleshooting tools I've missed please let me know.

BSODs:
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'm really stumped solving this issue and I would greatly appreciate any help.

Hardware:

Motherboard: 'Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WiFi rev. 1' ver. F50

M.2 Drive: 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 6-Core

GPU: Radeon RX580

Memory: DDR4 2x8GB G.SKILL F4-2400C17D-16GIS

* I will be posting to my motherboard's forum's page as well.

:)

MasonDE, Jun 6, 2020
  2. djbillyd Win User

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

Gigabyte B450 Aorus WiFi, frequent BSODs & tab crashes [​IMG]
    In the BIOS, there is the option to choose legacy, or UEFI.

djbillyd, Jun 6, 2020
  3. djbillyd Win User

OK, I got that. But I gotta have a serious discussion with GA about the Chipset log in my BIOS. I have no "Integrated Graphics" settings at all. And, true to form, I have no integrated graphics on my board! NOTHING works for graphics, DVI, or HDMI. Nothing! My system:
    The manual:

djbillyd, Jun 6, 2020
  4. djbillyd Win User

I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM;
    and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post,
    and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display of color patterns, that go from black screen to color scramble, and back
    and forth, until the monitor shuts down from no signal, while the computer continues to run. The monitors have no
    "wake-up" protocol. I have to shut down, and reboot the system. What am I looking for? What SHOULD I be looking for?
    Is the card compatible with the CPU, memory, and mobo?

djbillyd, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Gigabyte B450 Aorus WiFi, frequent BSODs & tab crashes - Similar Threads - Gigabyte B450 Aorus

2. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  3. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  4. Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs

Multitude of Bsod's, frequent crashing browser tabs: My pc is one I built myself about 4 months ago. Starting about a week back or so, I started getting random bluescreens. More recently these have become more frequent to a painful degree. The Bsod screens have a pretty wide variety, such as but not entirely limited to:"Page...
  5. Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD crashes: I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory...
  6. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD: I am trying to install Windows 11, which the PC Health Check told me i needed fTPM enabled. Got that done. Next i needed to install Secure Boot. I looked online on how to do that with my MB. Trouble is, when i enable Secure Boot and exit and save it, it keeps booting back...
  7. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD: I am trying to install Windows 11, which the PC Health Check told me i needed fTPM enabled. Got that done. Next i needed to install Secure Boot. I looked online on how to do that with my MB. Trouble is, when i enable Secure Boot and exit and save it, it keeps booting back...
  8. Gigabyte B450 DS3H V2 F1 MOTHERBORD

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...
  10. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...