Windows 10: Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

Discus and support Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, While recovering from a recent computer disaster, and after very in-depth diagnostics, I've been advised to upgrade the BIOS. I really don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrCarl, Nov 20, 2020.

1. DrCarl Win User

Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

Hello,

While recovering from a recent computer disaster, and after very in-depth diagnostics, I've been advised to upgrade the BIOS.

I really don't want to screw things up, so I'm asking for detailed instructions, like, for a 10-year old? OK, maybe 15.

The MoBo is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0).
    I was sent to this page: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
    ...and was told to update F1 through F6 on that page.

I have downloaded to a folder each file offered for F1, F2, F3...etc.

RE: F1
    I clicked on the mb_bios_ga-x58a-ud3r_f1.exe which I downloaded and three other files were extracted to the F1 folder (image below).
    Which file do I click on? the .BAT file? (I don't want to screw this up)

Are there any other pre-upgrade preparation steps to take?
    I read something about terminating all TSR (terminate and stay resident) programs; is this important? If so, exactly how do I address this?

I also read that updating the BIOS from Windows is much riskier than from a USB stick. If booting from USB is safer, how do I do that?

I'm eager to move ahead.

Thanks in advance

Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions [​IMG]

:)

DrCarl, Nov 20, 2020

2. Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Nov 20, 2020
  3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Processor upgrade

Yes, just map it out, Step 1, step 2, step 3... and take your time.
    I suggest reading any instructions for flashing the BIOS beforehand, best source: your printed manual.

Does the Gigabyte BIOS allow you to flash from within the BIOS using a USB thumb drive? That is the best way to do it. I've never felt comfortable with Windows based flash utilities or anything using online methods.

4. Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions

1. Gigabyte board BIOS upgrade - need instructions - Similar Threads - Gigabyte board BIOS

2. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...: My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it function proper on without restarting what could be the problem?...
  3. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...: My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it function proper on without restarting what could be the problem?...
  4. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gigabyte BIOS won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte BIOS won't open: After updating my BIOS it doesn't let me go into my BIOS* Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 MotherboardI have a Gigabyte Ultra Fast loading MOBO and i've already trying doing "DEL" off startup but that doesn't work.As well i've done Start Menu > Power > Hold Shift and click...
  6. Gigabyte BIOS won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gigabyte BIOS won't open: After updating my BIOS it doesn't let me go into my BIOS* Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 MotherboardI have a Gigabyte Ultra Fast loading MOBO and i've already trying doing "DEL" off startup but that doesn't work.As well i've done Start Menu > Power > Hold Shift and click...
  7. No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio from Gigabyte B550M-DS3H Board: I just built a game PC around AMD Ryzen 7 3700X on a Gigabyte M550B-DS3H board. I downloaded the MB drivers and audio drivers from the Gigabyte site, but the little speaker symbol in the system tray show the red X. Opening the Sound icon in Control Panel says 'No Audio...
  8. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board: Hi guys I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10. I did and had no problem until installing updates after version 1804. After that windows would run ok but would never recover from sleep, [requiring...
  9. NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board

in Windows 10 Support
    NO windows 10 DHC drivers on gigabyte board: Hi guys I bought a motherboard back in 2016 installed windows 8 and then in due course I was encouraged to upgrade to win 10. I did and had no problem until installing updates after version 1804. After that windows would run ok but would never recover from sleep, [requiring...
  10. Gigabyte x58 Board + Samsung 850EVO SSD

Gigabyte x58 Board + Samsung 850EVO SSD: Hello there Well i still got my x58 pc and i will upgrade the coming summer.resently i bought a Samsung 850 EVO SSD3 6gb My Board has 6x Sata 2 Intel Ports and 4 Marvel Sata3 Ports ( Bios all on AHCI-Bios Settings are correct) The Question is: Should i use the Intel Sata2...