Windows 10: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing)

Discus and support Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Lads Since Windows 10 was relased it was freezing on my PC. It was working absolutly fine on Windows 7. I see that lot of you had the same problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 1olek, Sep 30, 2018.

1. 1olek Win User

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing)

Hi Lads

Since Windows 10 was relased it was freezing on my PC. It was working absolutly fine on Windows 7. I see that lot of you had the same problem and nobody know why thats happen and what is a solution. I was tryaing a different drivers, reinstal windows but problem still exists. Then i check some option in BIOS. And it looks like a found problem and solution. Problem was a memory settings.

In BIOS we must go to M.I.T settings, then Advanced memory Settings and Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) That option by defaults is Disabled. We must chanege from Disabled to Profile1. We will see that voltage on table below will change. After this we need save and exit from bios. After that operation my PC stops freezing in Windows 10. Yuppie Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing) :D

PC is build from parts below:

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 with AMD FX 8320, AMD Radeon 7700, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) Very Low Profile 240-Pin UDIMM Memory Module BLS8G3D1609ES2LX0, SSD 500GB Samsung 850 EVO

:)

1olek, Sep 30, 2018
  2. kkovaru Win User

GA-990XA-UD3 Issues/no boot

Hello Mechtech,

I'm also attempting to install my GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 today to no avail.

I cannot get it to post, no video signal, usb power, or beeping.

Please advise if you have any tips or tricks that you may have learned dealing with this mobo to make it post!

You're not alone with this board! Good luck.

kkovaru, Sep 30, 2018
  3. NikJames Win User
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Norton Win User

Ok so im attempting my 2nd build.....

If you're going with a Gigabyte board I would suggest the UD3 version over the D3:

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio A...

UD3 versions use 8+2 phase power which gives you a much more stable board *Wink Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing) ;)

The rest of that setup should run fine.

*Note- Intel Core i5/i7 build suggestions are incoming....

**EDIT- sorry didn't notice you wee interested in Crossfire. Use the 990X board instead (does Crossfire and SLI):
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Socket AM3+ 7.1 Channel HD A...

Norton, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing) - Similar Threads - Gigabyte 990XA UD3

2. GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO: Hi Microsoft and Indipendent MS advisors I have PC as below configuration: =×=×=×=×= GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 Motherboard FX6300 Proccesor 6cores/ 6threads 8GB corsair ram 450w Genuine PSU 160GB crucial SSD for OS only 500GB Samsung HDD for Data only MY PROBLEM/ ISSUE IS:...
  3. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  4. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  5. Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup

Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup: Guys, Tried everything I could find on this and other forums to make possible entering into my Bios setup. I have Gigabyte MA770T-UD3, rev 1.5 and Bios version F10 and whatever I tried by hitting Del key during boot I got black screen with cursor blinking on top left corner....
  6. Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup: Guys, Tried everything I could find on this and other forums to make possible entering into my Bios setup. I ahve Gigabyte MA770T-UD3, rev 1.5 and Bios version F10 and whatever I tried I got black screen with cursor blinking on top left corner. Yes, I tried CMOS reset,...
  7. Firewire drivers for my Gigabyte P45-775-UD3-rev1.0

Firewire drivers for my Gigabyte P45-775-UD3-rev1.0: I have installed in my system drivers for my Gigabyte P45-775-UD3-rev1.0 on-board firewire port dated to 2006. [img] Any ideas if there is a newer driver around? 78638
  8. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer: Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all) Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio. Windows 10 fresh install Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft Windows...
  9. Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?: My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode. Does this motherboard work in Windows 10 in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode? It's not on Gigabyte's compatibility list at...
  10. installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3

in Windows 10 Support
    installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3: Has anyone had any luck with 10 using this motherboard??? It installed ok but I have no audio no network and it won't recognise my graphics card.... which is a right pain as this is on my games machine... I've been to the gigabyte website and downloaded the drivers but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GA-990XA-UD3 windows 10

2. 99ofxa ud3 amd fx 8320 freezing

3. ga-990xa-ud3 rev 1.x screen boot

4. gigabyte ga-990xa-ud3 keeps rebooting,
  5. gigabyte fx990 ud3 windows 10 crash,
  6. ga-990xa-ud3 video wont post