Windows 10: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

Discus and support Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on a 2TB HDD (MBR) in a PC with a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Motherboard. Works fine until I add a GPT HDD then the system will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on a 2TB HDD (MBR) in a PC with a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Motherboard.
    Works fine until I add a GPT HDD then the system will not boot.
    If I add GPT HDDs once Windows is running there is no problem. However that is hardly ideal.
    Is there any way round this problem?

Anyone know of an EFI upgrade for this board?

:)

Hairy Scot, Dec 5, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3

Supporting Intel Core Generation 2 processors, the Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 not only sports a new color scheme, it also attempts to match the sleek new look with serious performance. Built for some serious overclocking, the P67A-UD4-B3 comes ready to reach the finish line first; will it win the race?

Show full review

cadaveca, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 problem or incompatibility

One thing i dont try beacuse i dont have another, and ask, ¿could be possible the cpu is broke or start to fail?

This is the list of motherboard i can do RMA included the gigabyte of the post, thats all the store i can offer me:

-ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (i must pay a difference)
    -ASUS P8P67
    (try this one, no luck)
    -ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    -GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3
    -GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4
    -GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7 (i must pay a difference)
    -MSI H67MA-E45
    -MSI H67MS-E43
    -MSI P67A-GD55
    -GIGABYTE Z68X-UD4-B3
    (try this one, no luck)

Bye and thanks u and all for take a time to try to help me.

Thanks all and sorry for my bad english.

marcosamerio, Dec 5, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

asus p8p67 evo or gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3

Z68 has the Intel Quick Cache SSD cache thingie, and allows you to use the Intel GPU for transcoding and such, if the board comes with a Lucid Virtu liscence.

My P8P67 Pro review:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/P8P67 PRO/

SCORE: 9.3.

My P67A-UD4-B3 review:

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Review

SCORE: 8.5

ASUS is doing better. P8P67 EVO offers more than the PRO that I reviewed, which, to me, makes the choice obvious. Forget Gigabyte. Give 'em a year or so to get some better products, then they might be a worthy contender.

Too bad other reviewers don't cover as much as I do, makes it hard to see why the EVO board is good.

ALSO:

FYI, I am using the Gigabyte board right this second. I do not like it, it's BIOS, or the clocking it offers. Unfortunately it's the best board I have on-hand right now.

cadaveca, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

1. Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT - Similar Threads - Gigabyte P67A UD4

2. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  3. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  4. GA-Z170X_Gaming 3 &"The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GA-Z170X_Gaming 3 &"The selected disk is of the GPT partition style": Hi guys, new to the forum, hope you can help me out. I have a i7 6700K, 16 Gig memory, GTX 1080 with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X_Gaming 3 motherboard and a intel SSD 6, it had win 10 on until I attempted to reinstall, now when I try to install win 10 I get the "The selected disk is...
  5. GA-EX58-UD4 (rev. 1.0) feature update to windows 10, version 1903

GA-EX58-UD4 (rev. 1.0) feature update to windows 10, version 1903: Is Microsoft going to release the feature update to windows 10, version 1903 for theGA-EX58-UD4 (rev. 1.0) motherboards?? Can you fix the failed to install on ‎19/‎06/‎2019 - 0x8007042b error??...
  6. Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing): Hi Lads Since Windows 10 was relased it was freezing on my PC. It was working absolutly fine on Windows 7. I see that lot of you had the same problem and nobody know why thats happen and what is a solution. I was tryaing a different drivers, reinstal windows but problem...
  7. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...
  8. Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?: My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode. Does this motherboard work in Windows 10 in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode? It's not on Gigabyte's compatibility list at...
  9. GPT configuration question

GPT configuration question: I have an unallocated 1Mb partition as the first partition (according to Easus) on my laptop drive, in addition to the recommended reserved, system and EFI partitions. Could this extraneous partition be the reason for my inability to restore from an image backup? (Restores...
  10. installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3

in Windows 10 Support
    installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3: Has anyone had any luck with 10 using this motherboard??? It installed ok but I have no audio no network and it won't recognise my graphics card.... which is a right pain as this is on my games machine... I've been to the gigabyte website and downloaded the drivers but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. p67a-ud7-b3 uefi