Windows 10: GIMP

Discus and support GIMP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; GIMP is a great app though i cannot open any jpg files and i have stuff to do masking and it just won't let me open the file that i need, do you guys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nx43, Oct 16, 2020.

1. nx43 Win User

GIMP

GIMP is a great app though i cannot open any jpg files and i have stuff to do masking and it just won't let me open the file that i need, do you guys know how will i do so?

:)

2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 16, 2020
  3. GIMP

Based on a newspaper article by Kim Komando, I tried to download GIMP, which she claimed was a great, free photo editing app. Firefox wouldn't even let me download it. I tried Edge and Kaspersky went berserk and prevented it from opening. In the process,
    Gimp somehow got my email address, so I get friendly email from them, but if I try to reply, I get a message that the address doesn't exist. Does anyone know anything about GIMP?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

GilbertSteinfort, Oct 16, 2020
  4. GIMP

Can't select GIMP as .jpg default

Images, simple and easy. all other options on this list I can choose, just not GIMP

GIMP 6eb78469-0f9e-4b42-90fd-7165b6872cab?upload=true.png

and this happens when I try to choose it

GIMP f9083071-c7ea-424c-9be0-48be81162388?upload=true.png

also, GIMP is not in the list of apps when I try to associate by app rather than file type

NexusTheBrony, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

GIMP

1. GIMP - Similar Threads - GIMP

2. Can hp Probook 440 g8 Notebook PC run openshot , Kdenlive & GIMP? Which is the one best ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hp Probook 440 g8 Notebook PC run openshot , Kdenlive & GIMP? Which is the one best ?: Below is screenshot- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hp-probook-440-g8-notebook-pc-run-openshot/ec6530cd-7a4a-4033-9dea-b1485d11c477
  3. Can hp Probook 440 g8 Notebook PC run openshot , Kdenlive & GIMP? Which is the one best ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can hp Probook 440 g8 Notebook PC run openshot , Kdenlive & GIMP? Which is the one best ?: Below is screenshot- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hp-probook-440-g8-notebook-pc-run-openshot/ec6530cd-7a4a-4033-9dea-b1485d11c477
  4. Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005....: Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005. Please suggest a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-gimp-via-microsoft-store-im/f477aec5-8956-43d3-829c-6bcbc74e0b09
  5. Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005....

Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005....: Not able to install GIMP via Microsoft store. I'm getting this error; Code: 0x80070005. Please suggest a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-gimp-via-microsoft-store-im/f477aec5-8956-43d3-829c-6bcbc74e0b09
  6. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  7. Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...

Impossible to install GIMP, downloaded directly or from MS Store. Getting "The app. was...: Hello.I cannot install GIMP on my new computer Win11, with the Install file either downloaded directly or from the MS Store. I get "The app. was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005".My feeling is that "something" forbids to install non-MS applications, although I stopped the...
  8. GIMP paintbrush not working; won’t let you draw

in Windows 10 News
    GIMP paintbrush not working; won’t let you draw: [ATTACH]GIMP is regarded as a free PhotoShop alternative. It’s robust enough to edit your […] This article GIMP paintbrush not working; won’t let you draw first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Photoshop (and Ex Photoshop) users try The GIMP

Photoshop (and Ex Photoshop) users try The GIMP: Hi folks especially since Photoshop became "subscription" I'd suggest if you want something that has improved beyond all recognition recently, is Free, available on Windows and Linux (and Macbooks too I think) have a look at the GIMP. Has things like layers, filters effects...
  10. Create Minecraft texturepack with GIMP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Minecraft texturepack with GIMP?: Hello dear community, I'm in the process of creating my own texture pack with GIMP for the 1.15. I started with the Diamond Sword. But the sword is not shown in the game with the changed texture. I created the necessary folders and also added the packfile. So I can select...