Windows 10: Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

Discus and support Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Git Defender for Cloud Apps gives Git an incredible low rating of 0 in compliance and 2 in legal.Many points of these are related to things that I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Casper Thule Mathiasen, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

Git Defender for Cloud Apps gives Git an incredible low rating of 0 in compliance and 2 in legal.Many points of these are related to things that I find irrelevant e.g. GDPR and Various ISO standards. These are not required by Git.Why are these relevant for Git?It seems even more weird as MS owns github.com, in which Git is absolutely necessary.Thus, Git is in general blocked by default for most configurations.Can someone help me understand why this is the case?

:)

Casper Thule Mathiasen, Jan 31, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Block ALL Programs Except Allowed Ones

You can block programs using Windows Defender, for example (ignore the strange title):
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare

E.g.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight.
    Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app?
    If so, please explain the steps.

I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't see Block at First Sight setting.

Thanks!

win10freak, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

1. Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2 - Similar Threads - Git blocked defender

2. Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2: Git Defender for Cloud Apps gives Git an incredible low rating of 0 in compliance and 2 in legal.Many points of these are related to things that I find irrelevant e.g. GDPR and Various ISO standards. These are not required by Git.Why are these relevant for Git?It seems even...
  3. Microphone array is extremely low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array is extremely low.: I recently downloaded Windows 11 expecting to be improvements, but instead the microphone array stopped working. The volume of it is at 100%, it claims to be fully working, but when I test it and use it on another application, the amount of volume I can reach no matter how...
  4. Microphone array is extremely low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array is extremely low.: I recently downloaded Windows 11 expecting to be improvements, but instead the microphone array stopped working. The volume of it is at 100%, it claims to be fully working, but when I test it and use it on another application, the amount of volume I can reach no matter how...
  5. Microphone volume extremely low

Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  6. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  7. sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /: I have multiple headsets for my remote work from home , all are usb-a / Bluetooth ---most current Newly released Voyager Focus 2 UC wireless to usb-a.The highest quality i receive on my mic is tape-recorder quality and DVD quality on my headset. I have dolby atmos , dts and...
  8. sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /

sample rate / bit rate low wont adjust /: I have multiple headsets for my remote work from home , all are usb-a / Bluetooth ---most current Newly released Voyager Focus 2 UC wireless to usb-a.The highest quality i receive on my mic is tape-recorder quality and DVD quality on my headset. I have dolby atmos , dts and...
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low: Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions Recommend", I do that but nothing happens, so the next time I run a scan the notification always appears.What above happens...
  10. Mic volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...