Windows 10: git gui

Discus and support git gui in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu. It is failing on an SSL call.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Levy in London, Feb 20, 2019.

1. git gui

Somehow git-gui has been installed on my windows 10 system. It has installed its commands into the file explorer menu.

It is failing on an SSL call.

I get the following error message

fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/dfl1955/xxxxxxx.git/': error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version.

How can I determine how this was installed?

Is it the windows ssl layer that is a problem?

I have undertaken the work using the windows bash shell and installed git to do it.

I am aware that the error is displayed by what seems to be a non-windows product but the remediation would seem to require using windows tools.

Dave

:)

Dave Levy in London, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Source: Whats new in Git for Windows 2.11? | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Git for Cortana

I think that just Git is not enough. Who thinks anybody would use Git for Cortana

"Clone <username/repository> to my computer"

"Commit <file> to <username>s repository <repository>"

"Create a new issue about <???>"

^ Examples

By the way does dis support MD

ExplosiveRegistry, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Tan Shuai Win User

git gui

git status icon on windows

but as my last picture my windows did not have the git icons.

if i delete some icons ,git's icons and svn's icons are totally 18

how do i let git and svn icon work together?

Tan Shuai, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

git gui

1. git gui - Similar Threads - git gui

2. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  3. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  4. Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2: Git Defender for Cloud Apps gives Git an incredible low rating of 0 in compliance and 2 in legal.Many points of these are related to things that I find irrelevant e.g. GDPR and Various ISO standards. These are not required by Git.Why are these relevant for Git?It seems even...
  5. Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2

Git blocked by defender for cloud apps - Extremely low rating of 2: Git Defender for Cloud Apps gives Git an incredible low rating of 0 in compliance and 2 in legal.Many points of these are related to things that I find irrelevant e.g. GDPR and Various ISO standards. These are not required by Git.Why are these relevant for Git?It seems even...
  6. git and pywb

git and pywb: I am trying to install pywb onto a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer. with Python 3.10.6, which has pip and setuptools. I understand it might not run here, this excersise is only to figure out how to install...
  7. Git For Windows won't run

Git For Windows won't run: I installed Git For Windows latest version and it won't run. Start the app and I see a little movement in the Windows 11 icon and then nothing. All software is latest version and I tried disabling virus protection. Nothing works. I went through all the steps outlined here and...
  8. Git For Windows won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Git For Windows won't run: I installed Git For Windows latest version and it won't run. Start the app and I see a little movement in the Windows 11 icon and then nothing. All software is latest version and I tried disabling virus protection. Nothing works. I went through all the steps outlined here and...
  9. Gitting my pin back

Gitting my pin back: I had a stuck key which entered data over & over into my pin when I tried to come back from sleep mode. I can enter my password but can't switch back to pin. It asks me for a challenge question which I have no idea what that is. Any ideas on how to get back to pin....
  10. Using GIT GUI on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using GIT GUI on Microsoft: When I attempt to check out a branch a "Question ?" popup generates saying "Unlink of file 'File path' failed. Should I try again? [ATTACH] When I click "No" the popup below generates [ATTACH] Why is this not allowing me to check out a branch? What should I try to do?...