Windows 10: give a program access to folders

Discus and support give a program access to folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Application/program for Insurance registration installet and running from its own folder directly under C:. The Application/program needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arve Solum, Dec 10, 2019.

1. give a program access to folders

I have an Application/program for Insurance registration installet and running from its own folder directly under C:. The Application/program needs to Access files/folders in documents and in a separate folder directly under C: Everything worked fine before the last updates for win 10. Now the app/program can not open og save files from/to any of those folders. Does anyone have any advice here?

:)

Arve Solum, Dec 10, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile give a program access to folders :)

Frogger, Dec 10, 2019
  4. give a program access to folders

Accessing Programs

I am trying to access a program that is listed in MY PROGRAM folder. I can't find an icon anywhere. It's not in the apps list. When I click on it in the PROGRAMS folder, it only givesx me the option to uninstall. HELP

LisaPayne3, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

give a program access to folders

1. give a program access to folders - Similar Threads - program access folders

2. How to delete a program without giving a file access to edit the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a program without giving a file access to edit the computer: While clearing the malware off my grandpas computer, and deleting apps, I noticed every once in a while it ask me “do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” With the app underneath. I don’t understand why it needs access to delete. I’ve been mostly...
  3. How to delete a program without giving a file access to edit the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a program without giving a file access to edit the computer: While clearing the malware off my grandpas computer, and deleting apps, I noticed every once in a while it ask me “do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” With the app underneath. I don’t understand why it needs access to delete. I’ve been mostly...
  4. Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder: Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this please? I've tried googling it, but I got kind of confused. Using Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  5. How to give program access to read/know the system time of the computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give program access to read/know the system time of the computer?: i have a program, lost in vivo, that requires knowledge of the system time on a machine to run correctly. for whatever reason, it cannot access it on windows 10. if anyone knows how to grant this program the right permissions to know the time, it would be much appreciated....
  6. Help on giving a program full read-write access for all files & folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help on giving a program full read-write access for all files & folder: I use a program called Advanced Renamer to bulk rename files and folders. One of the features it has is to edit file/folder attributes like Date Created, Date Modified, etc. I am able to rename files and folders just fine. But when it comes to editing the Date Created...
  7. Controlled folder access blocked a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled folder access blocked a program: Hi. I daily get notification on windows 10 about blocking of xyz by controlled folder access to memory. But I have already included that app in allowed apps still I get this daily. Somebody help. Thanks...
  8. Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users: I have two computers on my network, a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 1803. Attempting to share a single folder always forces the entirety of C:\Users to be shared with the network. The other computer is able to access every folder and file contained within...
  9. Grant permanent admin access to folders or programs?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grant permanent admin access to folders or programs?: Is it possible to Grant permanent administrator access to folders and programs for a standard user account so that the password doesn't have to be entered each time? 79708
  10. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...: ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing...