Windows 10: Give access to specific apps for Local User

Discus and support Give access to specific apps for Local User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm the admin on my PC, but have my kids' accounts as Local accounts on the same machine: [img] When my kids log in, I'd like them to be able to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aagha, Sep 5, 2019.

1. aagha Win User

Give access to specific apps for Local User

I'm the admin on my PC, but have my kids' accounts as Local accounts on the same machine:

Give access to specific apps for Local User [​IMG]

When my kids log in, I'd like them to be able to launch and access only specific apps that I have installed and working for my account (e.g., IrfanView, Minecraft, Affinity Designer, MS Store, etc.). When they're logged in, these apps show in their start menu, but clicking them does nothing.

Without making them admins, how can I grant access to only specific apps?

:)

aagha, Sep 5, 2019

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CGive access to specific apps for Local User :), (DGive access to specific apps for Local User :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users

I tried post #9 instructions and could not make them work. I am quoting them below for the convenience of anyone following the thread:
    Below is what I did to test the share access. The No. 1 settings granted everyone access. The No. 2 settings granted no user access, including the user on the "white list.":

Give access to specific apps for Local User [​IMG]

toppinglift, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Give access to specific apps for Local User

How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?

There is an application that is programmed to ask for local admin password as soon a user tries to launch it.

There is only 3-4 users out of 1500+ users who need access to this application and as per the current protocols, these users in question are not meant to have local admin access. However, their job needs them to use this poorly coded application that needs
    local admin access.

So, I'm trying to find a solution on how to permanently grant admin access to just 1 specific application.

I have found a lot of online resources that show how an app can be run as an admin but that will only work till the time admin password does not change. I'm trying to find a better solution, if possible.

Any help/advise is greatly appreciated Give access to specific apps for Local User :)

Thanks

Just-a-learner, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Give access to specific apps for Local User

1. Give access to specific apps for Local User - Similar Threads - access specific apps

2. How to give new user access to old user's apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give new user access to old user's apps: My wife used to work from home on her PC. She no longer works at the company but always logs in using the same login she used at the time. She wants to create a new user account on the PC now that it's her personal PC, but still wants access to her Office apps and other data...
  3. How to give new user access to old user's apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to give new user access to old user's apps: My wife used to work from home on her PC. She no longer works at the company but always logs in using the same login she used at the time. She wants to create a new user account on the PC now that it's her personal PC, but still wants access to her Office apps and other data...
  4. How to give new user access to old user's apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Account Access For Specific Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Access For Specific Apps: Every time I boot up my pc, UAC asks if steelseriesapp has permission to make changes to my computer and every time I press yes. Is there a way to always allow this app to make changes instead of getting this pop up after every boot. I know there is the option to turn of UAC...
  6. Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder: Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this please? I've tried googling it, but I got kind of confused. Using Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  7. Local group policy -user specific

Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  8. How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?: There is an application that is programmed to ask for local admin password as soon a user tries to launch it. There is only 3-4 users out of 1500+ users who need access to this application and as per the current protocols, these users in question are not meant to have local...
  9. How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?

How to grant local admin access to a specific app in Windows 10?: There is an application that is programmed to ask for local admin password as soon a user tries to launch it. There is only 3-4 users out of 1500+ users who need access to this application and as per the current protocols, these users in question are not meant to have local...
  10. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...