Windows 10: Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?

Discus and support Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, guys, I just dug out my old iPhone 4s. But the WLAN chip is broken and I can't establish an internet connection. Can I share the internet of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by noahkopphey, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?

Hey, guys,

I just dug out my old iPhone 4s. But the WLAN chip is broken and I can't establish an internet connection. Can I share the internet of my laptop (Windows 10) with my IPhone via USB?

LG

:)

noahkopphey, Jul 10, 2020
  2. jacobacci Win User

Personal Hotspot on iPhone not detected on Thinkpad T480s

I used to be able to connect my iPhone 6s (iOS 13) to my Thinkpad T480s (Win 10 Pro, 1903, latest updates) via USB-C and use the personal hotspot on the iPhone to connect to the internet. This worked without any issues for several years through several upgrades of iOS and Windows.
    Now I switched to an iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 13) and the T480s does not detect the iPhone's personal hotspot any more. Personal hotspot is turned on on the iPhone 11 Pro. The T480s sees the iPhone and I can browse its content.
    The personal hotspot on the iPhone 6s (also iOS 13) is also not detected any more since I updated the following Apple software on the T480s to the current versions:
    • AppleApplicationSupport64
    • AppleMobileDeviceSupport64
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate
    Am I missing something here?

jacobacci, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Iphone 6 Tmobile Tethering Mobile Hotspot No Internet

I have a Iphone 6 that has a personal hotspot that I have been trying to connect to my laptop via USB and Wifi. I currently have Windows 10 running on my HP Envy dv6 C2Y45AV. I also taken necessary steps to harden the system against viruses and attacks.
    So far the only issues that I am having is trying to tether with my Iphone's personal hotspot. I can connect other devices such as tablets to the hotspot but with no luck with my laptop.

The laptop and Iphone 6 will show that the devices is connected but with "no internet".

My laptop will however connect via ethernet and wifi just not via hotspot.

I have the current version of Itunes and the IOS on my Iphone 6 is current.

I would greatly appreciate some step by step guide to resolve my issues with connecting to a hotspot.

JohnApplease, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Hi,

I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens
    to my iphone aswell.

Any Answers? Am desperate!

JacksonHarvey1, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB?

1. Give an IPhone Hotspot via USB? - Similar Threads - IPhone Hotspot via

2. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  3. Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Laptop to IPhone hotspot: Suddenly to connect to my iphone hotspot action is needed open browser and connect. It just opens an MSN page with nothing to do?I’ve been connecting to my hotspots for years prior to this and never had this problem?...
  4. PC not recognizing iPhone hotspot over USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not recognizing iPhone hotspot over USB: Hi all, Any help will be greatly appreciated. OK, I have an iPhone X with a Verizon unlimited plan on it. This plan includes personal hotspot usage, and I use it all the time by my pc via USB. However, recently I plugged my phone in to my pc, turned on my hospot like I...
  5. connect iphone 11 to computer via usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect iphone 11 to computer via usb: the iphone 11 pro max is not showing up in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-iphone-11-to-computer-via-usb/1ca99707-c06b-4b54-9c0b-cdeb9e619bd1
  6. Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb: I can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot using usb. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular date and the sharing option on. I tried with both the traditional usb and usb c. The PC detects my phone and asks me what to do with it but it doesn’t detect my hotspot. This is a fresh build...
  7. Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI

Unable to connect to Iphone Hotspot via WIFI: Hi, I have been having issues connecting my laptop to my Iphone Data Hotspot via WIFI. I am able to connect other devices to my Hotspot via WIFI but not my laptop. I have tried connecting via lightning cable and it works fine! I have a video of what happens to my iphone...
  8. Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works

Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works: I have set up my iphone hotspot to give my laptop wifi wired; however it no longer works through normal wireless hotspot [ATTACH] The bottom Ethernet connection appears when connected; however it doesn't display its connected but the top one does the top Ethernet displays no...
  9. iPhone 8 hotspot

iPhone 8 hotspot: I am having problems my computer does not connect to iPhone 8 hotspot. Does anyone has had the same problem? How to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/iphone-8-hotspot/43492e8b-c73b-4071-98ed-19f4dafeed63
  10. Download pics from iPhone via USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Download pics from iPhone via USB: For whatever reason I cant download pics/vids from my iPhone. I have had this computer for quite some time and have just recently upgraded to W10. I cant download pics from my iPhone. I have found a dozen tutorials on this both on the web and on this site to no avail. I...