Windows 10: Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free

Discus and support Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Norton Internet Security since dirt was young, provided for free by my ISP Comcast. Now Comcast is trying to pull a switcheroo to get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, Dec 21, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free

I have been using Norton Internet Security since dirt was young, provided for free by my ISP Comcast. Now Comcast is trying to pull a switcheroo to get me to rent their new "security enabled" gateway. To which I say, "phooey, I bought my own cable modem and I want to keep using it." So Norton Lifelock is offering me six months free usage before they start charging $75/year.

I'm Ok with paying for a full-coverage suite. But before I sign up, I want to know WHY I should do this:

1. Are there better paid security suites?
    2. Is Windows Defender really, truly as good as if not better than Norton? The money is not the issue here, not when system and network security is at stake.

:)

2. x509 Win User

Norton Security (Comcast) firewall gets turned off, can't reset it ON

The Smart Firewall part of Norton Internet Security (Comcast) is turned off and the Settings window for the firewall is all greyed out. I can't even move the scroll bar.

I uninstalled and reinstalled NIS. At first, the firewall was active, but then it became inactive again. Norton Support is no help. Any suggestions, short of nuking my Windows install?

3. K---- Win User
    Norton for Comcast

How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S?

K----, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free

Norton for Comcast

Hi K----,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us,

I understand that you wish to download Norton for Comcast

Please let us work together to find a solution for this concern.

Norton for Comcast can be downloaded on Windows 10 from their official website, please see the link bellow.

Just a few reminder before we access the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Install Norton Security Online from Comcast

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/curren...

Please let me know on how I can further assist you K----.

Continue to have a safe and good day,

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free

1. Give me arguments for keeping Norton Security after Comcast drops free - Similar Threads - arguments keeping Norton

2. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  3. Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comcast will be not providing FREE Norton Anti Virus any longer Jan 1 2021?: Does Microsoft Defender antivirus do the same protection? Or do I now need to buy a new antivirus program? How do i find out if I have Defender already on my Desktop? I already have Malewarebites pro....
  4. Norton Security (Comcast) firewall gets turned off, can't reset it ON

Norton Security (Comcast) firewall gets turned off, can't reset it ON: The Smart Firewall part of Norton Internet Security (Comcast) is turned off and the Settings window for the firewall is all greyed out. I can't even move the scroll bar. I uninstalled and reinstalled NIS. At first, the firewall was active, but then it became inactive again....
  5. Norton for Comcast

Norton for Comcast: How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-for-comcast/591dfb22-2954-423e-8b2a-3421aa9eea8e
  6. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  7. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  8. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  9. Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  10. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security: Try them free for 30 days. Norton Security ask an email and a password to send the product key validation. Also, you need the email and the password to complete the installation. Norton Utilities won't ask anything. You'll be ask to reboot: Wait for Utilities to wake-up...