Windows 10: Give me back Dolby

Discus and support Give me back Dolby in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Fix Dolby https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-me-back-dolby/26d16b8a-1ab2-4483-950f-1acea2546d57 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnBerg4, Sep 14, 2019.

1. JohnBerg4 Win User

Give me back Dolby

Fix Dolby

:)

JohnBerg4, Sep 14, 2019

2. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Hi Polaris,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are able to use the Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and not able to use the Dolby Advanced Audio.

As you get the error “Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver”, this error might occur if the driver is not installed properly or it is not up to date. I suggest you install the
    Dolby audio drivers. Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

As the both Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio are listed under the programs and features, you may uninstall the Dolby Advanced Audio through Programs and features.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Programs and features.

• Right click on the Dolby Advanced Audio and click on
      Uninstall.

• Click on OK if any window prompts.
    After uninstalling the Dolby Advanced Audio, you may reinstall it again through the setup file (If you have) or from the Dolby support.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    Santosh_Rai on October 15, 2015 in the below thread and check if it helps you to install the
    Dolby Advanced Audio drivers.

Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Error (Windows 10)

Note:
    Please be informed that it is your wish to use the both “Dolby Advanced Audio” and “Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio” or any one of the audio as per your requirement.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Give me back Dolby

Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

I upgraded to Windows 10. On the Control Panel, both Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio are listed.

Neither one is listed in Device Manager. When I click on Dolby Advanced Audio, It says, "Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver". Clicking on Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio the app opens. Do I really need both?
    Both are listed on Programs and Features.

Polaris380, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Give me back Dolby

1. Give me back Dolby - Similar Threads - Dolby

2. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  3. Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spatial Audio can't be turned on even if Dolby Atmos came pre-installed and...: Hello, my Asus TUF A152022 Laptop came with a Licensed Dolby Atmos and was running fine for a few months until I downloaded Driver Booster 11 which was a Windows 11 Driver Updater and I started updating everything that the app suggested and noticed that my Dolby Spatial Sound...
  4. Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones.Microsoft store connection error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones.Microsoft store connection error.: Hi everyone!So I've been trying to buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones for almost three days,everytime I got a meesage saying "Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones due Microsoft store connection error". Anyone having a solution for it? Thank you in advance....
  5. Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones.Microsoft store connection error.

Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones.Microsoft store connection error.: Hi everyone!So I've been trying to buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones for almost three days,everytime I got a meesage saying "Cannot activate Dolby Atmos for Headphones due Microsoft store connection error". Anyone having a solution for it? Thank you in advance....
  6. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapterHeadset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jackDolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually demanding games only.Audio from videos online or on local drive is fine. Audio from light...
  7. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapterHeadset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jackDolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually demanding games only.Audio from videos online or on local drive is fine. Audio from light...
  8. Trying to download Dolby Audio for Win10 on Lenovo P71..... error on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to download Dolby Audio for Win10 on Lenovo P71..... error on Microsoft Store: All links seem to lead ONLY to the Dolby page on MS Store. Trying ..... INSTALL > Get, etc. shows a message about "... something happened on our ..." photo in lower right corner....
  9. Trying to download Dolby Audio for Win10 on Lenovo P71..... error on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download Dolby Audio for Win10 on Lenovo P71..... error on Microsoft Store: All links seem to lead ONLY to the Dolby page on MS Store. Trying ..... INSTALL > Get, etc. shows a message about "... something happened on our ..." photo in lower right corner....
  10. Trying to download Dolby Audio for Win10 on Lenovo P71..... error on Microsoft Store

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give me my DOLBY