Windows 10: Give me control of updates!!

Discus and support Give me control of updates!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WebSightSolutions, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Give me control of updates!!

This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug.

I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the first place then at a time that I did not ask!

These updates cripple our computers despite having active hours set.

I know that your response will be another long explanation how to set these things that don't work.

Please just fix this update issue that everyone is complaining about and give users back the control over when to even download updates.

Stop wasting literally hours of my working time!

:)

WebSightSolutions, Aug 24, 2018
  2. STEvil Win User

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Aug 24, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Give me control of updates!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Give me control of updates!!

USB 1.1 PS3 Controller not working after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

KB2993928 update is related to ASP.net, and KB3081424 updates is to enhance the functionality of Windows 10. Therefore, I suggest you update your Universal bus controller drivers in the compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Universal Bus Controller.

• Right-click on the Universal Bus Controller and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

I would also recommend you to click on the below link and try the steps provided in this link, see if this helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Give me control of updates!!

1. Give me control of updates!! - Similar Threads - control updates

2. trying to update my usless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to update my usless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc: trying to update my useless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc. my controller randomly disconnects and it asks me to sign so when i do it ask me for fking windows hello and i never had a pin or password dealing with it, I've tried turning it off but don't see...
  3. trying to update my usless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to update my usless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc: trying to update my useless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc. my controller randomly disconnects and it asks me to sign so when i do it ask me for fking windows hello and i never had a pin or password dealing with it, I've tried turning it off but don't see...
  4. trying to update my usless controller since it wont reconnect to my windows pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  6. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  7. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  8. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  9. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...
  10. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...