Windows 10: Give old computer to someone else

Discus and support Give old computer to someone else in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to give my old laptop to a friend, but i don't want him to have access to my Microsoft account. What should I do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Catman1&2, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Catman1&2 Win User

Give old computer to someone else

I want to give my old laptop to a friend, but i don't want him to have access to my Microsoft account. What should I do?

:)

Catman1&2, Dec 29, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Old HP computer...Will Vista install/run?

If it's not your own business here is my suggestion.

1) Tell him it's not viable and charge him $200
    2) Move up here to WI
    3) Start a business with me doing network installations
    4) We make enough money to take vacations to the Caribbean when we want.
    5) We send the people with computer problems to Geek Squad and still charge them for our "assessment" time.
    6) We have regular Board of Director meeting that involve copious amounts of beer and Prime Rib.
    7) Repeat steps 4 through 6 until we only have to do steps 4 and 6

Sound good? *Wink Give old computer to someone else ;)

Kreij, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Give old computer to someone else

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Give old computer to someone else

1. Give old computer to someone else - Similar Threads - old computer someone

2. What happens if I give my laptop to someone else and I change the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens if I give my laptop to someone else and I change the account?: Hello!I'm going to buy a new laptop with Windows 11 already installed, and I'm going to give my old laptop, which also has pre-installed Windows 11, to my parents. Can I switch from one Microsoft account to another without losing my Windows license? My laptop's Windows is...
  3. What happens if I give my laptop to someone else and I change the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if I give my laptop to someone else and I change the account?: Hello!I'm going to buy a new laptop with Windows 11 already installed, and I'm going to give my old laptop, which also has pre-installed Windows 11, to my parents. Can I switch from one Microsoft account to another without losing my Windows license? My laptop's Windows is...
  4. What's the best way to safely give a used laptop to someone else?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's the best way to safely give a used laptop to someone else?: What's the best way to safely give a used laptop to someone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-safely-give-a-used-laptop-to/6c8e8f3b-64b3-487e-8974-d400bd3a2d31
  5. Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change

Old computer for someone in need NO hardware change: Hi all, I'm trying to get someone on low income up to speed with a legit copy of 10. His old laptop started with Vista OEM + free 7 upgrade presuming also OEM. NO HARDWARE CHANGE HAPPENED. Upgraded to 10 for free but did not connect MS account. Then switched to Linux....
  6. Has someone else’s computer done this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Has someone else’s computer done this?: Hello everyone, my computer has recently turned off because I decided to turn it off then i try to turn it back on to see a black screen that says no signal detected has anybody else had that problem and if so if I would like to know how to fix it because it’s been a big...
  7. How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?

How to correctly sell/give Windows 10 retail version to someone else?: Good evening, I have Windows 10 Home retail full licence that I purchased almost 2 years ago when I was building my custom PC. Now I consider to move to another machine that has Windows 10 OEM licence bound to it. If I will do it, I would like to sell my old PC possibly in...
  8. Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you disable the "someone else is using this computer" message?: So recently I got a new computer and every time I click "shutdown" it tells me "someone else might be using this computer" and it's really getting on my nerves!...
  9. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  10. give my computer to somone else and delete me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    give my computer to somone else and delete me: how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/give-my-computer-to-somone-else-and-delete-me/57526b62-49c4-438b-8ab8-abbf86483c79