Windows 10: Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the...

Discus and support Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SigmaTheDJ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SigmaTheDJ, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the...

/u/SigmaTheDJ, Nov 12, 2019

2. ''GHOST'' homegroup removal from start up

Hi Russel,

Utilizing a HomeGroup makes things easier to share. Since you're not using the HomeGroup feature, we suggest that you disable it instead to have your Microsoft Account be the default sign-in on Startup. Follow the steps listed below to disable
    HomeGroup:

Step 1: Leave the HomeGroup. (This only applies if your PC is currently part of a HomeGroup. If your PC is not part of any group then proceed to Step 2.)

• Type HomeGroup in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Other homegroup actions click on the Leave the homegroup option.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking Leave the homegroup.
    • Click the Finish button when the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup.
    Step 2: Disable HomeGroup Services

You'll need to disable two HomeGroup services to disable the HomeGroup feature in Windows.

• Type Services in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Scroll down on the list and look for HomeGroup Listener and
      HomeGroup Provider
      services. Double-click the HomeGroup Listener service to open its properties window.
    • In the Properties window, select Disabled from the
      Startup type drop-down menu and then click OK.
    • Do the same procedure for the HomeGroup Provider services.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Nov 12, 2019
  3. ghost homegroup

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I would suggest you to run the Home group troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

To run the trouble shooter follow the steps given below

• Press Windows key+ X key, Select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click Network and Internet.

• Now select Home group and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also follow the steps given on the below link on HomeGroup problems in Windows
    for deleting a homegroup and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the...

Homegroup

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to Leave the HomeGroup from the Control Panel and check if it helps.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error message are you receiving when you try to create Home group?

To leave/delete the existing Home group I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on HomeGroup.
    • Select the Leave the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps to delete the HomeGroup:

• Right click on Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net share (This command shows you the names of all shares you created) and hit
      Enter.
    • Type net share "users" /d (This command deletes the "Users" share which got created automatically by the HomeGroup) and hit
      Enter.
    To create the Home group kindly follow the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: The steps in above link are also applicable to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the...

1. Given that the Homegroup feature was removed in 1803, why is it STILL mentioned in the... - Similar Threads - Given Homegroup feature

2. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  3. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  4. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is there no price mention in Windows EULA?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is there no price mention in Windows EULA?: I 've been recently thinking about putting together a new PC, so I 've looked at various Windows licensing options available. I understand this is more on the legal side of things, still what made me wonder is this: what exactly will I be purchasing (and paying for) when...
  6. Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?

Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?: Why did Microsoft chose to remove Homegroup functionality from Windows 10? Did Microsoft have it's customers best interests at heart or something else? How can I work around the functionality that Microsoft took away in the latest version(s) of Windows 10? I used to be...
  7. Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Homegroup functionality removed from Windows 10 WHY?: Why did Microsoft chose to remove Homegroup functionality from Windows 10? Did Microsoft have it's customers best interests at heart or something else? How can I work around the functionality that Microsoft took away in the latest version(s) of Windows 10? I used to be...
  8. Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update

Homegroup in Win 10 after 1803 update: Hi, I have two computers in my WLAN (local home network via wireless). On one of the computers there's been Windows 7 (Home) installed. On the second - Windows 10 (home). I use router to connect the computer via Wi-Fi. I do not use any computer that acts as a server. I used...
  9. HomeGroup to be removed ?

HomeGroup to be removed ?: HomeGroup will be removed in the next feature update for Windows 10. After you install that update when it’s available, you won’t be able to share files and printers using HomeGroup. However, you can still do these things by using features that are built into Windows 10....
  10. Deprecated and Removed Features in Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecated and Removed Features in Windows 10 Version 1803: Each release of Windows 10 adds new features and functionality; we also occasionally remove features and functionality, usually because we've added a better option. Here are the details about the features and functionalities that we removed in Windows 10, version 1803 (also...