Windows 10: Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

Discus and support Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yowzer, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Yowzer Win User

Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this please? I've tried googling it, but I got kind of confused.

Using Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1139)

:)

Yowzer, Oct 26, 2020
  2. aagha Win User

Give access to specific apps for Local User

@dalchina, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried your blanket option, and that didn't work.

I filtered per your suggestion:

Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder [​IMG]

However, it seems there are no settings for that filter:

Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder [​IMG]

aagha, Oct 26, 2020
  3. RuskinF Win User
    Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Oct 26, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder - Similar Threads - Giving friend remote

2. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  3. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  4. Friend is giving me his motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...
  5. give a program access to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    give a program access to folders: I have an Application/program for Insurance registration installet and running from its own folder directly under C:. The Application/program needs to Access files/folders in documents and in a separate folder directly under C: Everything worked fine before the last updates...
  6. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  7. Give access to specific apps for Local User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give access to specific apps for Local User: I'm the admin on my PC, but have my kids' accounts as Local accounts on the same machine: [img] When my kids log in, I'd like them to be able to launch and access only specific apps that I have installed and working for my account (e.g., IrfanView, Minecraft, Affinity...
  8. Giving my PC to a friend

Giving my PC to a friend: I am giving my PC to a friend. I am administrator and only my account is on it. How do I delete my account here in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/giving-my-pc-to-a-friend/6af0d2bd-7c1f-41e9-9629-f10fca8b5a7b"
  9. precautions after giving remote access to computer

precautions after giving remote access to computer: After having router issues , I allowed routerlogin.net to remotely gain access to my computer, and repair the issues. Issues repaired, with a year long firewall protection. Since we have Webroot, something doesn't feel right, as all anitvirus, firewall issues are in place....
  10. Giving laptop to a friend

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving laptop to a friend: Giving my old laptop to a friend. I am currently the only person using this laptop and I am the admin with a Microsoft account. What is the easiest and best way for my friend to create his own Microsoft account and become the administrator of the laptop? Can I have...