Windows 10: Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

Discus and support Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was going to install Cortana on my android phone and link it to Cortana on my windows 10 pc until I read the risks. I can understand giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryL1#, Dec 3, 2019.

1. JerryL1# Win User

Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

I was going to install Cortana on my android phone and link it to Cortana on my windows 10 pc until I read the risks. I can understand giving permission to access email and contacts for Cortana but what I don't understand is giving permission for an app to go into my phone contacts and email and change or even delete them. Why is this even a possibility? Giving an app on Microsoft permission to change or delete my email or phone contacts even if only a remote possibility is just stupid. I don't trust Google at all. They have the record of having the most tracker bugs in their programming than any other, next being Facebook, Twitter and one more. So I have all permissions turned off. Especially since things started going missing out of my accounts like pictures and email. They were being sent to Google Drive without my permission. So I deleted Drive and turned off all permissions. I trusted Microsoft, surely they aren't like Google, I thought. And I still don't yet, but asking me to give permission to delete my contacts or even manipulate them at all is a ridiculous thing to ask of someone. I understand that it may never happen but to even ask such a thing. I can't believe it. My solution to the problem is I just will not install Cortana or any other Microsoft app on my phone and will never try to link the two if that is the cost. I have over a hundred contacts on my phone alone, most business, and I don't even want to imagine trying to replace them if some app decides to delete them all. Maybe you have a credible answer to why this is even an option for Microsoft to ask of someone just to be able to install an app.

Thank you very much. Jerry L.

:)

JerryL1#, Dec 3, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Dec 3, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Giving access to gmail contacts and permission to delete contacts in mail and phone - Similar Threads - Giving access gmail

2. Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and I am using Microsoft Mail as an email clients.I have had a Gmail account for years, Lets call it *** Email address is removed for privacy *** My cell phone died and I did not keep my old phone number. When I tried to setup my new phone, I...
  3. Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Contacts in Mail Gmail Accounts: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and I am using Microsoft Mail as an email clients.I have had a Gmail account for years, Lets call it *** Email address is removed for privacy *** My cell phone died and I did not keep my old phone number. When I tried to setup my new phone, I...
  4. Undeleteable Gmail Contact.

in Browsers and Email
    Undeleteable Gmail Contact.: Hi Folks, my friend was getting Spam in large numbers, so he deleted his Gmail account and created a new one. That was 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have removed his old address and added his new one in all my Contacts list, except one. Both his contacts are in my Windows 10...
  5. Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Contacts: How do I move my contacts from a csv file to Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-contacts/ecca300a-cbcf-434d-87c9-6ab89d8d8c38
  6. Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail: I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and set up several email accounts I have to be accessible through the Windows mail. All my contacts are in my Gmail account. However, about 20% of my contacts have not synced over to Windows 10. How do I resolve this?...
  7. Gmail Contacts

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Gmail Contacts: Having problem finding where to add mail contacts!!! Help. Watched few tutorials, but none showed my particular Gmail. Thanks
  8. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508
  9. Mail Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Contacts: When I send an email to one particular contact, two different addresses show. That person is not in my Contacts list nor is it in my Gmail contact list. How do I eliminate the invalid address? 54135
  10. mail app doesn't access contacts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app doesn't access contacts: Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc. If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/...