Windows 10: Giving AVAST Free [20.6] a second chance

Discus and support Giving AVAST Free [20.6] a second chance in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I have installed AVAST using a minimal custom setup and I am quite satisfied with its performance so far. + Copying files from/to USB sticks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Aug 13, 2020.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Giving AVAST Free [20.6] a second chance

Hello.

I have installed AVAST using a minimal custom setup and I am quite satisfied with its performance so far.

+ Copying files from/to USB sticks is a lot faster than using WD.
    + Packing/Unpacking is also faster.
    + Steam runs slightly faster too.
    + Game mode.
    + Interface is a lot nicer.
    + Now with Ransomware protection on free version, although I didn't install it.

To add injury to insult on my girlfriend computer there is an annoying PUP detected that won't go away. She is still using WD.

Let's see how it goes. So far so good. So, fingers crossed.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Aug 13, 2020

2. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 13, 2020
  3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Giving AVAST Free [20.6] a second chance

1. Giving AVAST Free [20.6] a second chance - Similar Threads - Giving AVAST Free

2. A second chance for install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A second chance for install: Last time I try to install windows XP on my modern laptop,it was unsuccessful, but this time, I found the mistakes:1, the Laptop is on UEFI,Windows XP needs BIOS,even if I turn on legacy boot, still won't work2, no bootable devicefrom 1,3, Don't have Windows XP drivers if you...
  3. A second chance for install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A second chance for install: Last time I try to install windows XP on my modern laptop,it was unsuccessful, but this time, I found the mistakes:1, the Laptop is on UEFI,Windows XP needs BIOS,even if I turn on legacy boot, still won't work2, no bootable devicefrom 1,3, Don't have Windows XP drivers if you...
  4. computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.: I hit on a facebook message and one of those blue screens popped up saying my computer had been infected and directed me to a somewhere else. I did not go. I had seen this before and restarting fixed it. In this case my computer is freezing every 6 seconds for 6 seconds. I...
  5. computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.

computer freezes for 6 seconds every 6 seconds.: I hit on a facebook message and one of those blue screens popped up saying my computer had been infected and directed me to a somewhere else. I did not go. I had seen this before and restarting fixed it. In this case my computer is freezing every 6 seconds for 6 seconds. I...
  6. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  7. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  8. Windows Defender or Avast Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  9. Avast and SyncBack Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...
  10. Free Windows? Not A Chance

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows? Not A Chance: Microsoft last week doused speculation that it would make Windows free across the board. "We've not had any conversations [about] Windows 10 being a loss leader for us," Kevin Turner, Microsoft's chief operating officer, said at a technology conference sponsored by Credit...