Windows 10: Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...

Discus and support Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've had this pc for a very long time and though I'd hate to part with it, I know someone that could really use the pc's capability. so months from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShnookPlyr, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...

I've had this pc for a very long time and though I'd hate to part with it, I know someone that could really use the pc's capability. so months from now, maybe even weeks, I will clean up the pc, fix/replace chassis fan and downgrade the insider pc to a standard build pc and ship it out to the person. what I noticed for a while is in activation, the key is not a key but a something that is digital license that is "linked to [my] account". so I was wondering 2 things

1) when I downgrade and clear the pc of everything, making it ready for first time setup, does it need a new bought key? (I assume it will)

2) I am planning to rebuild a new pc for insider: does this "digital license" update to the new pc as long as it is the right edition and same MS account that it is linked? (do the "attempt activate via internet" thing)

PS: 3) I am running in fast SA, how would I approach the method of downgrading the build to the standard and have nothing but first time setup?should I clear all first in settings before or just skip that as the usb iso will obliterate all anyway?

:)

ShnookPlyr, Jan 13, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 13, 2019
  3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jan 13, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to...

1. Giving Current PC to Someone Though Activation is "Linked to MS Account". What Are Steps to... - Similar Threads - Giving Current Someone

2. Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...: HiI actually am updating my laptop with a new m 2 ssd and would like to know step by step process of changing settings in bios.I have been searching a lot but can't understand the management of bios settings in LENOVO LAPTOP.Pls if someone can help ......In how to change...
  3. Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone please give step by step process of how to change sequence of m 2 ssd and hdd...: HiI actually am updating my laptop with a new m 2 ssd and would like to know step by step process of changing settings in bios.I have been searching a lot but can't understand the management of bios settings in LENOVO LAPTOP.Pls if someone can help ......In how to change...
  4. Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account: Hello!I am trying to link my Certiport account with my Microsoft Learning account. I have the AZ-900 exam and want to be able to view it in Certiport. Please assist me. Thank you!...
  5. Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link Certiport account with MS Learning Account: Hello!I am trying to link my Certiport account with my Microsoft Learning account. I have the AZ-900 exam and want to be able to view it in Certiport. Please assist me. Thank you!...
  6. How to link my MS account to Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to link my MS account to Windows activation?: I have Windows10 home. I am the administrator with a MS account as confirmed in Settings. MS Support says: go back to the Activation page, select Add an account, enter your Microsoft account and password, and then select Sign in. But there I can't find 'Add an Account'...
  7. Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step

Setting up a compulsory MS account - step by step: So it is Saturday night and nothing to do anyway, so if some not so intellectually great MS geniuses have decided to turn setting up a PC, normally a boring technical activity, into a circus show, why not support them. They need what they think is my info so I make it up......
  8. Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account

Unable to link Activated Win10 PC to MS Account: I have Win 10 and it is activated with a Digital Licence. However everytime I try to link it to my MS Account it states that "Something Went Wrong" and does not give me the oppotunity to link. This may also be linked to the inability to run Edge and MS Store. I tried to...
  9. MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Account linked incorrectly to PTA account: All the billing info etc is going to a PTA account that I am handing over to someone else soon. How do I get it back to my personal email address?...
  10. Linking Windows license with MS account - What does it do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linking Windows license with MS account - What does it do?: I'm about to replace the motherboard in a PC and have read that I can easily reactivate the associated Windows license with my Microsoft account. I've gone for many years without this linkage - using local accounts on OEM installations, doing automatic upgrades to Win 10,...