Windows 10: Giving my PC to a friend

Discus and support Giving my PC to a friend in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am giving my PC to a friend. I am administrator and only my account is on it. How do I delete my account here in windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chrisjohnsontcu, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Giving my PC to a friend

I am giving my PC to a friend. I am administrator and only my account is on it. How do I delete my account here in windows 10?

:)

chrisjohnsontcu, Oct 10, 2018

2. Giving PC to friend

So I am building a new gaming PC. I am going to give my current rig to a friend. I alrady bought a copy of Win10 Pro and so I wish to just reformat the drives and give the PC to my friend. Is there a way to transfer the Win10 Home edition license key to
    my friend?

Whipemkealoha, Oct 10, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Giving PC to friend

Hi Whipemkealoha, reset Windows 10, removing everything before giving that to your friend. That will securely remove your data and your friend will essentially have a new PC . ..

Press the Shift Key and click Restart

Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC

Choose to keep nothing

Then start the Reset

DaveM121, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Giving my PC to a friend

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Giving my PC to a friend

1. Giving my PC to a friend - Similar Threads - Giving friend

2. Trying to log into Games for Windows Live but it's giving my friend an error that the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to log into Games for Windows Live but it's giving my friend an error that the...: We've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a couple hours now, from trying the steps in this forum post here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-live-service-may-be-unavailable-or-there-may/ba12104b-87f2-4b4d-81e0-9466ae91bf5dto changing password...
  3. Trying to log into Games for Windows Live but it's giving my friend an error that the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to log into Games for Windows Live but it's giving my friend an error that the...: We've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a couple hours now, from trying the steps in this forum post here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-live-service-may-be-unavailable-or-there-may/ba12104b-87f2-4b4d-81e0-9466ae91bf5dto changing password...
  4. Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder: Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this please? I've tried googling it, but I got kind of confused. Using Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  5. Friend is giving me his motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...
  6. How do a add a friend on Minecraft. How does my mom give permission for me to do this?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do a add a friend on Minecraft. How does my mom give permission for me to do this?...: How do I play minecraft with friends? I have a micrososft account. Does my mom have to adjust her settings to allow this feature? What settings does she change?...
  7. My Friend Pedro on Microsoft Store gives Error Code: 0x80070032

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Friend Pedro on Microsoft Store gives Error Code: 0x80070032: I have been trying to download My Friend Pedro ever since I got Game Pass but it always fails at "Calculating Download Size" and gives me this! Any idea how to fix this issue?...
  8. Can I give gift to friend living abroad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I give gift to friend living abroad?: My problem is as follows. I live in the US but my friend is in Australia. I’d like to give him a game as a gift. I am unable to gift him because we are in different countries. Any ideas?...
  9. Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I get widows 10 software use the code and give a friend the operating system: Ok so my computer never got activated so i bought and activation code and used it on mine but it came with a usb operating system and i dont need it so my friend has a windows vista in great quality and he needs to get windows 10 on it so he can play games on it can i give...
  10. Giving laptop to a friend

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Giving laptop to a friend: Giving my old laptop to a friend. I am currently the only person using this laptop and I am the admin with a Microsoft account. What is the easiest and best way for my friend to create his own Microsoft account and become the administrator of the laptop? Can I have...