Windows 10: Giving my son full permissions

Discus and support Giving my son full permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do i take all the restrictions off for my son? My son cant even add his friends in minecraft or on his xbox PC version account. I have flipped all... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KayliCreampuff, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Giving my son full permissions

How do i take all the restrictions off for my son? My son cant even add his friends in minecraft or on his xbox PC version account. I have flipped all the things off that i can find in microsoft family settings and he still cannont add friends cause of the set up nor go into servers on minecraft. I just want to remove him and give him full reign as he is a good kid and already asks permission or questions when there is something questionable. When i do the whole remove from family thing it warns me that it will remove my consent and he will be even more restricted than before so i stop myself.

:)

KayliCreampuff, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to give permissions?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need the following information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• When you say, “how to give permissions” do you receive any error regarding permissions?
    • Are you trying to provide permissions to a file, folder or drive?

In the meantime, you may refer the article
    "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows
    and check if that helps.

Note: The above article is for Windows 8 however, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 28, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 28, 2019
  4. aefros Win User

Giving my son full permissions

unable to give my son access to youtube

I cant seem to give my son access to youtube through Microsoft family safety account.

I logged in to my account youtube is listed on permitted site . It is not on the blocked site list. When I go to the rescently blocked site list it does not show up there.

Any time I try to login on his account and try to go to youtube I get origin.sdx.microsoft.com/family/restricted-error. I dont understand what is happening. Can someone help?

aefros, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Giving my son full permissions

1. Giving my son full permissions - Similar Threads - Giving son full

2. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family Settings hoping to be able to change the age limit etc. When I do I get the...
  3. MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX.: MS is asking for my permission to allow my son access to XBOX. I receive an email and click allow which directs me to family settings. He still doesn't have permission so I then click on Family Settings hoping to be able to change the age limit etc. When I do I get the...
  4. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...: Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing the device...
  5. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...: [IMG] Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing...
  6. How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Give Computer/Windows License To My Son: Hi All I have just built myself a new computer with a new Windows 10 License. My old computer is a pretty decent Core i7-4770 computer which I would like to give to my son. Reformatting and clean installing Windows is not my problem. My problem is I do not know how to...
  7. Give game purchased to my son

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give game purchased to my son: Hello, I purchased Minecraft Dungeon Hero Edition for my son's birthday using my Microsoft Account. I can see the purchase in my Microsoft Account order history. However, I cannot install the software. I am logged into the Microsoft Store but do not see the game listed in...
  8. Full user permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full user permission: Hi, recently i have been getting a bundle of errors and i think are mainly due to permission changes. My user is an admin yet i get an admin has blocked me from doing stuff device manager, services ... meaning cant access mcc exe. Also windows troubleshooters all get an error...
  9. How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give me full permissions to delete and modify files and folders? Such as ProgramData...: I’m working on organizing my programs and files on my new PC and every time I’m messing with the program files it tells me I need an admin password (can I turn this off since I’m already logged in as admin?) but after I put it in I still can’t because I “don’t have...
  10. How to give permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give permissions?: how to give permissions ***Modified title from: permissions*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-permissions/352a0774-3311-4047-8075-a58cce77ef8e