Windows 10: Giving the laptop away

Discus and support Giving the laptop away in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimSimpson2KS, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Giving the laptop away

Hi,

I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for complete erasure of previous details. However because I am shown as Administrator, that appears to be overiding the Reset since my details are fully shown after download and it has returned them all back to the previously erased central Microsoft account. Trying to erase it manually via the Control Panel is unsuccessful [it won't let you unless you nominate someone else etc]. What am I missing when setting up the 'factory install' so that the new user has to put all their details in for themselves. All suggestions welcome. Tim

:)

TimSimpson2KS, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Giving the laptop away

1. Giving the laptop away - Similar Threads - Giving laptop away

2. What to do when giving your laptop away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do when giving your laptop away: Hello,I want to give my Windows 10 laptop to a friend. In the past, I would do a factory reset, perhaps twice, so that my data could not be found; however, I've been told there is now data recovery software that can retrieve deleted files.Can someone recommend a specialized...
  3. What to do when giving your laptop away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when giving your laptop away: Hello,I want to give my Windows 10 laptop to a friend. In the past, I would do a factory reset, perhaps twice, so that my data could not be found; however, I've been told there is now data recovery software that can retrieve deleted files.Can someone recommend a specialized...
  4. What to do when giving your laptop away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  6. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  7. windows license in giving away a pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows license in giving away a pc: Hi, I'm getting a brand new pc and am gifting my old one to my brother. I want to format the drives before I give it to him. Does this erase windows 10 and if/if not will he need to get a new license? It's a volume_mak license. Also will my license stay on the old pc and is...
  8. Remove accounts ready to give away computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove accounts ready to give away computer: I am looking to give my computer away to a friend but to do this, i obviouly need to delete my admin account and all links with my Microsoft account. Can i do this without reseting the computer to factory settings as I dont want the computer to revert back to windows 7...
  9. Giving away my PC to a nephew

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Giving away my PC to a nephew: I have this old Dell I am shipping to my nephew soon. I'm getting rid of it because of the upgrade hassles and I already have a newer one that updates fine. The problem that caused me to want to get rid of it is because every time Windows releases a new version number it...
  10. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"