Windows 10: Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

Discus and support Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RichardGlass2, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers for Graphics card etc. I'm also including second hard drive for him to use as storage for games/programs ( It is clean) and a third which has our family pictures and his music on it. I want my microsoft account to be safe, but I also want to keep it simple for him. The PC has aftermarket Logitech Gaming keyboard and mouse as well as Game controller. In order for all this eqpt. to work flawlessly, I had to spend time setting it all up and I don't want to lose all this work by resetting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

:)

RichardGlass2, Oct 6, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

Reset This PC doesn't give any errors but doesn't reset the PC

Hi,

To reset you device, follow the steps below:

• Shut down the tablet.
    • Press and hold power button and volume up button until the boot menu is loaded.
    • Select HDD recovery.
    • Tap Yes.
    • Select troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset your PC.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the procedure.
    Let us know how it goes

Reymichael Ros, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

1. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset? - Similar Threads - Giving Win10 Son

2. Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC: Hi, Does reset pc delete major updates (roll back windows 10 to previous version ) ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc/0ba90b7f-5c23-4931-808f-80bba01b2231
  3. Reset this pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset this pc: Sometime I face the problem. when click on reset this pc option they show my account and write the password of this account but they will show password is'nt correct.I try my every password but do,nt work....
  4. Reset this PC

Reset this PC: Hi all, In restarted my PC and choose the "Troubleshoot" menu. I wanted to choose "Advanced Settings" but accidentally clicked on "Reset this PC" menu. Now screen shows me 2 choices: "Keep my files" or "Remove Everything." Since this is not what I wanted, I have not...
  5. Reset PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset PC: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. My Laptop is a Dell e6540 and came with Win 7 Pro and Microsoft Office 2013 pre-installed. If I reset Win 10 in my laptop will I lose the Office 2013 package? I Have the original installation CD for it but could it be installed into...
  6. reset this pc

in Windows 10 Support
    reset this pc: I was wondering if I reset my computer what would I lose ever since 1803 mine freezes up everytime I use edge or firefox ive tried turning off hardware acceleration turned off apps in back ground updated all the new updates nothing has helped 116555
  7. PC Reset

PC Reset: PC Windows 10 has reset automatically and now I can't login. When I turn on the PC it comes up with Other user and asks for name and password which I don't have. Can you tell me how I can login to my account?...
  8. Resetting pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting pc: I have my pc dual booted ubuntu alongside windows. My windows isn't working good ,i lost all my drivers ..audio isn't working.. I am unable to connect wireless network and lan also ...so i am thinking of resetting my pc. Will resetting pc removes Ubuntu??...
  9. Reset Win10: unable to reset?

Reset Win10: unable to reset?: We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset". How can we reset windows 10? 75152
  10. reset this PC

reset this PC: I have the message that I am unable to use Reset because UAC is set to always notify me of system changes. Can someone explain this to me as I have not yet found an explanation by searching on google. Thanks 62087