Windows 10: Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

Discus and support Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RichardGlass2, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

I want to give my desktop PC to my Son. I don't want to do a complete reset because it is all updated and set up for gaming with software and drivers for Graphics card etc. I'm also including second hard drive for him to use as storage for games/programs ( It is clean) and a third which has our family pictures and his music on it. I want my microsoft account to be safe, but I also want to keep it simple for him. The PC has aftermarket Logitech Gaming keyboard and mouse as well as Game controller. In order for all this eqpt. to work flawlessly, I had to spend time setting it all up and I don't want to lose all this work by resetting.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

:)

RichardGlass2, Oct 6, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

Reset This PC doesn't give any errors but doesn't reset the PC

Hi,

To reset you device, follow the steps below:

• Shut down the tablet.
    • Press and hold power button and volume up button until the boot menu is loaded.
    • Select HDD recovery.
    • Tap Yes.
    • Select troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset your PC.
    • Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the procedure.
    Let us know how it goes

Reymichael Ros, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset?

1. Giving Win10 PC to Son, To reset, or not to reset? - Similar Threads - Giving Win10 Son

2. Pc is giving errors and cant reset pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc is giving errors and cant reset pc: my issue is i cant reset my pc. task manager gives me an error amd gives me an error and i cant open things in admin even tho im admin on my computer and i have no other account on my pc, can anyone help me with this?...
  3. Win10 Reset Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset Issues: Hello, I have an HP computer that was having issues, so I decided to do a blanket reset of the device. However, it has booted up after the reset, but is frozen at a screen with an HP logo and no cursor. There is no swirling dots, and it has been like this for hours....
  4. reset win10

reset win10: Tôi đã có vấn đề cài đặt lại Windows 10, tôi đã cố gắng tải về các cửa sổ cập nhật trợ lý https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win10/c646ec0a-2be0-4bf1-8bb4-25fad7349134
  5. Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?

Reset Computer will reset to Win7 or Win10?: My laptop is running Windows 10. My laptop is a registered device on my online Microsoft account and it shows that it is running Windows 10 Home. It was purchased with Windows 7. The Factory Reset partition contains Windows 7. I would like to give away/sell this old...
  6. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?: Hello. Ive recently acquired / bought a "new" Pc from a retail store - WIN10. WIN10 HOME. Version 10.0.17763 build 17763 64 bit system my internet speed is VERY fast - 90-100 MBPS speed (i can watch 5 movies at once with no problems.. though i'm only watching 1 TV show...
  7. Pc wont reset [win10 ofc]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc wont reset [win10 ofc]: So I have wanted to do a reset on my pc today and everything goes fine untill I start resetting its reseting for 5 min or so and at 57% it just stops and goes back to the configuation screen where you can pick troobleshoot and such. Anybody knows how I can fix this Btw the...
  8. Win10 factory reset

Win10 factory reset: I updated to win10 when it was offered for free. I want to do a factory reset, but keep my Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win10-factory-reset/849b8cde-1c51-44a5-9d6d-a7b860acfb8a
  9. Reset Win10: unable to reset?

Reset Win10: unable to reset?: We have an older computer that we are trying to reset windows 10 on so we can give it to a friend. But when we try to reset it, we get a windows that says "unable to reset". How can we reset windows 10? 75152
  10. Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10

Insight into 'Reset My PC' feature in Win10: I just completed my upgrade from Win7 to Win10 using the media creation tool. It took a while (2 1/2 hours) on my older PC. However, there were no problems in the end--with a clean Device Manager, and everything seems to be working fine. I normally like to do a clean...