Windows 10: Giving Windows access to my private info

Discus and support Giving Windows access to my private info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received a message saying my gmail needed to be upgraded. When I started the process, I found out that I would be giving Windows access to all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PamelaGoins, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Giving Windows access to my private info

I received a message saying my gmail needed to be upgraded. When I started the process, I found out that I would be giving Windows access to all my info. whether I wanted to or not. Now I need to know how to advise them I will not do that. Or, do they already have access and I did not realize it? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Perhaps I just need to find a different e-mail account to use. Any suggestions?

:)

PamelaGoins, Dec 12, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Problem Accessing Private Use Characters from character map in Windows 10

Hi,

For us to get a better understanding of you concern regarding PUA's, we will need a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting any error messages when accessing Private Use Characters?
    • Have you tried performing any troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Dec 12, 2018
  3. theonedub Win User
    GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Giving Windows access to my private info

How do I keep my contact and calendar info private?

For any other people out there who are bothered about privacy (and the probability that info that is stored forever WILL fall into the wrong hands one day):

Under Email & Accounts set the Server to a nonexistent one - it cant sync your private info then.

To keep Calendar info private use Chronos.

To keep Contact info private use ExcelContacts.

Neither of the above apps require any unecessary permissions (phone identity, owner identity etc), at the moment at least, and I can import and export info using them and csv files.

And note to MS support who suggested that I save my contacts to my sim, please put the effort in and find out what you are talking about before suppying such inaccurate rubbish as a suggestion.

joe public1, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Giving Windows access to my private info

1. Giving Windows access to my private info - Similar Threads - Giving access private

2. Microsoft Private Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Private Access: We are testing out Microsoft Private Access. So far, it's working well. I have one issue. When our laptops are connected to cellular, Private Access will not connect. Is there a setting or registry entry I can change to fix this?...
  3. Microsoft Private Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Private Access: We are testing out Microsoft Private Access. So far, it's working well. I have one issue. When our laptops are connected to cellular, Private Access will not connect. Is there a setting or registry entry I can change to fix this?...
  4. Private info on news popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Private info on news popup: When I go to the left end of the taskbar a news popup comes up. One of the things on there is a picture of my driver's license. My wife gets it on her laptop also.Why is it there?Can others see it also? * Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  5. "You're accessing sensetive info"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You're accessing sensetive info": Ok, how can I stop this appearing?It's already annoying.Do you want to watch a meme? Nope, it's sensetive. Do you download and watch some gameplay? Guess what, it's sensetive.Do you want to shitpost with cursed images? Well jokes on you, IT'S TOO SENSETIVE!...
  6. "You're accessing sensetive info"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You're accessing sensetive info": Ok, how can I stop this appearing?It's already annoying.Do you want to watch a meme? Nope, it's sensetive. Do you download and watch some gameplay? Guess what, it's sensetive.Do you want to shitpost with cursed images? Well jokes on you, IT'S TOO SENSETIVE!...
  7. Removing private info from Win10 computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing private info from Win10 computer: I have bought a new computer and wish to sell the old one but I can't remove my name, email address and other private info from Win10. Removing some details removes them from all of my copies of Windows including the new computer. I have removed the need for a password and...
  8. trouble with accessing CD info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble with accessing CD info: I installed a CD with information on it and it usually automatically comes up on the screen so I can use it. It doesn't and I don't know any other way to access it....
  9. Access to my personal info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to my personal info: I recently opened a new business and needed a desktop. I purchased one and without thinking set it up using my Microsoft account. I just purchased a new laptop and while setting it up I realize my office help can access all of my personal info. I'm not comfortable with that....
  10. Accessing public and private shares from Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing public and private shares from Windows: Last I knew the Windows implementation of SMB allows only one set of network credentials for a given pair of Windows user name and a remote NAS. That means a user cannot access both a public and a private share on the same NAS. I know this has been discussed before but I...