Windows 10: GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

Discus and support GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michaelshanks1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2.

The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown.

One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working.

First I opened it and saw dust buildup,so to took time to clean pc carefully with q-tips.

Then after cleaning put it back together and on battery this time same thing.

Note*only had machine since july of 2018....

I find it hard to believe high end Rogs stop working on short notice after a year and 7 months.

I took good care of it and never had this problem before.I am hoping it is not serious....

What do I do?

Pictures are after cleaning.

GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. [​IMG]

:)

michaelshanks1, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

black screen

Hi,

This issue could occur due to corrupted or missing system files or drivers. To further assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you still see any indication that the device is powered on? (power led, hard drive activity light)

Meanwhile, you can follow the troubleshooting steps indicated in this article (Troubleshoot black screen
    or blank screen errors
    ), and check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Cixoos Win User
    Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step.

Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power button and hard reset.

Any ideas?

Cixoos, Feb 11, 2020
  4. davidfox Win User

GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

Power on, Fans going... black screen

Hey. just put together a machine (see my previous 'custom machine' post), installed everything onto the motherboard inc. videocard, cpu, ram, hdd, dvd. Turned it on, all the fans going fine so it aint gonna blow-up.

However, there is nothing going through to the monitor (DVI), and there is no 'beep' noise from the computer, which the motherboard manual says there should be... The front case LED isnt lighting up at all either... It's just on, then black screen, no beeps, no LED and all the fans are working..

The motherboard gives minimal guide as to how to plug in the case cables, it species to put the positive n negative wires in a particular spot, but theres no way of knowing which is which??? the case wires aint marked.

Soooo... where u suggest i start? The case cables into the motherboard which would show the LED and give a 'beep' noise... maybe they're wrong? Or is the videocard just not sending any signal?

Help.. this sux. *Bang Head :banghead:

davidfox, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

1. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on. - Similar Threads - GL702ZC Black Screen

2. Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...: I've been using my PC with the same Windows 10 installation with latest updates installed instantly as they roll out for the past 5 years with no problems.A week ago, I installed a new clean version of Windows 11 using the media creation tool from the official website with a...
  3. Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...: I've been using my PC with the same Windows 10 installation with latest updates installed instantly as they roll out for the past 5 years with no problems.A week ago, I installed a new clean version of Windows 11 using the media creation tool from the official website with a...
  4. Black Screen, whirling fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  5. Black Screen, whirling fans

Black Screen, whirling fans: I have HP with following: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz; NVDIA RTX 2060 SUPER driver is updated and latest ; 16GB RAM; Running Windows 11.Have recently got into World of Warships and game keeps crashing my PC, happens at no other time. Screen goes Black, fan...
  6. Computer fans spin but black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  7. Computer fans spin but black screen

Computer fans spin but black screen: my pc won't boot the fans spin but screen stays black no bootup sound no signal to screen i have already checked that everything is plugged in the right way I just shut down my pc and now I can't start it up...
  8. System goes to black screen with power led blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System goes to black screen with power led blinking: Hello, My Laptop system is W10 version 21h1.Recently I had restart problem. When clicked on restart, my Laptop would shutdown. I FIXED the problem using Command like powetcfg/ sfc/DISM which I got answer from Microsoft community. After restarting as I type in windows search...
  9. Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop has no display and fan not spinning. But power LED is on: Please help me. I have an Acer Aspire 3 laptop. It suddenly begun to exhibit no display whenever I turn it on sometimes. And when that happens, the fan will stop spinning too. I wonder what my problem is. Is it my motherboard? Power supply?. I tried the solution to attach...
  10. Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On: Hi, Since the Past few days Having weird problem.Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On.after that I have to Restart and everything runs fine for a while and then it shuts down again.My Sysytem is on a Borrowed smps (foxin, TECHNOLOGY REDEFINED)...