Windows 10: GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

Discus and support GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP? in Cortana to solve the problem; GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP? Does anybody support windows anymore? Not even a web interface for this device. They are... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kenneth Wilson, Jun 13, 2019.

1. GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

Does anybody support windows anymore?

Not even a web interface for this device.

They are requiring me to buy an IOS or Android device when I already have a Windows Computer

Why is there no support for Windows on a Cortana enabled device?

:)

Kenneth Wilson, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Toryn Win User

Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

Well... I figured it out!

If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Microsoft Account it causes an issue while adding the GLAS thermostat as a device registered with Cortana.

On the thermostat itself (while signing into Cortana), it appears to support 2FA. It triggers an authentication prompt in the authenticator app you're using (Microsoft Authenticator in my case). Then you have to finish setting up the thermostat from the
    Cortana app on your phone or PC. This is where I think the break occurs. It's as if that token validation doesn't carry over - as the 2nd half of the setup occurs on a different device (not the thermostat from which was authenticated).

I just temporarily turned off 2FA, signed out of Cortana on the GLAS thermostat, rebooted it (just for good measure), signed back into Cortana on in, and followed the normal steps to get it working. Then I went back to my Microsoft Account and re-enabled
    2FA.

Why did it initially start malfunctioning? I can only speculate that perhaps my authentication is only going to be valid for a set number of days.

Toryn, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Toryn Win User
    Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat.

With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat
    or Set the temperature to 74 now result in Cortana replying back "I couldn't find thermostat." or
    "I couldn't find temperature." Previously, these commands worked properly. Oddly enough, Cortana is invokable from the thermostat itself. She appears on the display and functions, except for not being able to control the thermostat. Also, I can control
    the thermostat just fine from the GLAS app.

I've tried signing out of Cortana on the thermostat, removing the device from the "My Devices" section in the Cortana app, rebooting the thermostat, signing back into Cortana on the thermostat, and then setting up the thermostat as a new device from the
    Cortana app. No luck.

I've also tried signing out and removing the device, and then completely factory resetting the GLAS thermostat, updating the software back to the latest version, and then signing back into Cortana and adding the device.... also no luck.

I even tried renaming the thermostat to a custom name and asking Cortana to set the temperature using that name. Example: I changed the thermostat from "Living room" to "My Test Device." It's as if the device is just not registered in Cortana.

This problem occurs regardless of where I invoke Cortana from (Surface Pro, Invoke Speaker, Cortana Android app, the thermostat itself, etc. etc.) I only have one single Microsoft account and I'm using that account on all of the devices / apps I'm attempting
    to control the thermostat from. Lastly, Cortana is still able to control other devices (Hue Bulbs for example) without issue.

GLAS Thermostat Details

System image version: 1.0.1.68

User interface version: 1.7.14.12

Control engine version: 1.0.599.0

Device management version: 1.2.9.0

Please don't ask me to create a new Microsoft account and test from there. I'm almost certain this is account specific... but switching accounts isn't an option.

Toryn, Jun 13, 2019
  4. GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

Cortana and GLAS Thermostat (Windows 10 Iot)

Hey all,

I am not sure why Microsoft decided to not include the ability to set reminders on the GLAS thermostat but I think that is a mistake. We took our invoke and placed it in a different room so we could utilize the Cortana and XBOX integration since we expected
    the new GLAS thermostat to include the majority of Cortana (not media) skills.

This seems like an odd choice. I hope you enable soon.

jlwhitfield, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP?

1. GLAS Thermostat, Cortana enabled, but NO Windows APP? - Similar Threads - GLAS Thermostat Cortana

2. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  3. How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?: How do i enable Cortana on Windows 10 Pro 1909? Note that i am in Romania. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-cortana-on-windows-10/8b7f5ea3-c484-4076-8791-3ed7013d81cd
  4. enable Cortana

in Cortana
    enable Cortana: I cannot get Cortana to change and open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-cortana/ea55e2d4-433c-4259-95f6-07586c39d704"
  5. Cortana and GLAS

in Cortana
    Cortana and GLAS: Cortana suddenly stopped to reply to some commands regarding GLAS thermostat. Plus, on the website of the thermostat, there are no mentions that it supports Cortana. Is it a sign that MS is not going to develop Cortana?...
  6. Enabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Enabling Cortana: hi there, i disabled cortana when i installed my os and now i want to enable her. the cortana icon is still in the start menu and when i clink it it just takes me to the search bar i have looked around and followed some pre-existing guides with no luck i am running 10 pro...
  7. Cortana enabled webcams

in Cortana
    Cortana enabled webcams: What would be some inexpensive Cortana enabled webcams? My Logitech's HD 720 microphone is not, apparently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-enabled-webcams/c5b1fc7c-bd4e-4a6a-8538-dfdb78b9b5d9"
  8. Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat

in Cortana
    Cortana Can't Find GLAS Thermostat: Cortana seems to have lost the ability to control my GLAS thermostat. With nothing changing on my end, commands such as: Set the thermostat to heat or Set the temperature to 74 now result in Cortana replying back "I couldn't find thermostat." or "I couldn't find...
  9. JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS smart thermostat featuring Cortana: JCI and Microsoft reveal GLAS, the first powerful smart thermostat featuring Cortana Heating and cooling account for more than 40 percent of the energy use in a typical home and makes for the largest energy expense for most families. In the commercial building sector, the...
  10. Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. glas cortana commands