Windows 10: Glitch after KB4530684 update

Discus and support Glitch after KB4530684 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Mid December developed a glitch in various functions, for example when attempting to rename a file in windows explorer it would discard any changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by larryott1, Jan 16, 2020.

1. larryott1 Win User

Glitch after KB4530684 update

Mid December developed a glitch in various functions, for example when attempting to rename a file in windows explorer it would discard any changes made, revert back to the first file in the folder. In addition power useage for windows explorer would surge and the harddisk and fan would spin up. Very rythmic, and very annoying. Long story short, uninstalling KB4530684 clears the problem too.

My question is now what do i do? Cant put off updates for long, but yet the issue is too intolerable to load back in. I have seen the issue of renaming files timing out on several forums but the solutipn was always to update, or R&R an update and I've that route 4x w/o a solution.

:)

larryott1, Jan 16, 2020

2. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Glitch after KB4530684 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Update Glitches

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Glitch after KB4530684 update - Similar Threads - Glitch KB4530684 update

2. Cannot install Windows Update KB4530684

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows Update KB4530684: Hello everyone! I have been trying to install this update lately, but I always get error 0x800f0922. I have tried the steps described in Microsoft troobleshooter but nothing seems to work. I want to avoid a format of my pc, as it has been less than a month since Windows 10...
  3. update problem for KB4533002 and KB4530684

update problem for KB4533002 and KB4530684: Hi Im trying to update my pc and whenever it trys to install the two following updates: 2019-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4533002 and 2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems...
  4. problem after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684

problem after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684: Hello, I have BSOD "kernel_security_check failure", "system_service_exception vhdmp.sys", "system_service_exception storvsp.sys" after installation of 2019-12 cumulative update KB4530684.The laptop is Toshiba Tecra processor i3-330M. The BSOD is displayed immediately...
  5. KB4530684 Windows Update changed my computer

KB4530684 Windows Update changed my computer: On 12/10/19 Windows update KB4530684 completely messed up my desktop computer. And it says I can'g recover because it's been more than ten days. Files all dumped into One Drive, applications are messed up or missing, commands aren't followed...I don't want this update, I...
  6. windows 10 update KB4530684 failed to install

windows 10 update KB4530684 failed to install: this is a new laptop i got and i let windows update everything but it shows this update has failed, ive tried deleted already downloaded stuff and tried a manual update. im on 1909...
  7. Windows 10 update fails. (KB4530684)

Windows 10 update fails. (KB4530684): Hello, I have had this failure now for about a month, I am unable to install 2019-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4530684). It gives me the pending restart status and I restart, it goes to start back up, and says "Undoing changes" and...
  8. KB4530684 breaks OneDrive

KB4530684 breaks OneDrive: Running W10 Pro, 1909. After Windows Update installs KB4530684, OneDrive continually throws the following error: OneDrive cannot connect to Windows. Files On-Demand requires a connection to Windows in order to show your files without taking up space on this device....
  9. windows 10 update KB4530684 failed to install

windows 10 update KB4530684 failed to install: Windows 10 update KB4530684 failed to install multiple times post upgrade from Windows 7 home to Windows 10 home. Error code: 0x80073712. Any ideas how to get the update to install?...
  10. Outlook Issue after update kb4530684

Outlook Issue after update kb4530684: My Outlook 2007 stopped sending/receiving email from my gmail account after installing this update. I tried rebuilding my account and changing it from POP3 to IMAP but nothing worked. Outlook could not find my gmail account. My internet was ok. I uninstalled the update and...
Tags: