Windows 10: Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster.

Discus and support Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a software called sonarworks Sound ID which basically changes the audio of your device to fit to your taste and headphones. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rockybroo, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Rockybroo Win User

Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster.

I recently downloaded a software called sonarworks Sound ID which basically changes the audio of your device to fit to your taste and headphones. This worked fine on my laptop but when I did a normal factory reset, the app did not work properly anymore. Now whenever I play audio or any form of media Like youtube or Spotify the playback speed is a bit higher than normal. The pitch of the audio is also changed giving a chipmunk effect. I tried fixing it buy restarting the laptop or uninstalling and re installing the software but the issue was still there. I know absolutely nothing about comput

:)

Rockybroo, Jul 18, 2021

2. Glitches in Windows 10 audio playback

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click Audio playback and follow the on-screen instructions.

After running the troubleshooter, try to install the audio drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps:

1) Press Windows + X and select
    Device manager.

2) Select Audio input and output.

3) Right click on driver and select update driver software.

4) Next follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue still persists, the rollback the driver and check the issue.

To rollback:

• Right click on driver.

• Select Properties and click on
      Driver tab.

• Now select Rollback driver.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the updated status of the issue. We'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 18, 2021
  3. xtc283 Win User
    Resetting speed of audio and video playback

Am experiencing difficulty in setting the speed of audio and video playback on my Windows 10 desktop. Right now voices sound as though the speaker had just inhaled helium and videos also play at accelerated speed.

Among the things I've tried to fix this:

- Resetting Windows Media Player to default settings -- didn't work

- Lowering the speed on Youtube from 1x to 0.75 x -- didn't work

- Downloading different browsers -- didn't work

What's left? Download free media player software? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

xtc283, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Async Win User

No way to change the playback speed of media?????

I can't believe there is no way to change the playback speed of audio files in the media player. I had that with an app(core) in WM 5. I listen to tons of podcasts and I always up the speed to 120% or so. There is no way to do it on WP7!! That's
    awful, even old iPods had this!

I thought about writing my own since the XNA media player control has APIs for that but then realized since there's no multi-tasking, I can't do anything else while it's playing. This really is a deal breaker...I'm gonna have to take this phone
    back and forget about WP7 until a future release. Any idea when/if that will happen????

Async, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Glitched audio driver causing media playback speed to be faster. - Similar Threads - Glitched audio driver

2. Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback: I recently was forced to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have local mp3s on my laptop. I noticed that the playback is slow and not the correct speed. This problem exists regardless of the player. I use VLC player, but the problem is also in Windows Media Player. By...
  3. Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Slow speed audio playback: I recently was forced to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have local mp3s on my laptop. I noticed that the playback is slow and not the correct speed. This problem exists regardless of the player. I use VLC player, but the problem is also in Windows Media Player. By...
  4. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  5. Brief audio buzzing during media playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brief audio buzzing during media playback: Hi everyone! I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 2-in-1 and I have noticed that about every 10 minutes, there is a brief audio stutter/buzz that lasts less than a second. I have done a virus/malware check and it is all clean and have checked for driver updates on Windows Update,...
  6. Audio driver glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver glitch: I was working but suddenly the sound stopped. At that moment the mic was fine but I tried to adjust setting and mic stopped working as well. I think the audio driver is a culprit...
  7. Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Media Foundation MPEG-2 audio encoder output playback is faster than the original: Hi, I would like to seek help regarding the MPEG2 audio encoder link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/medfound/mpeg-2-audio-encoder. I tried using it in my codes. The playback speed of the output file is (faster) almost twice the original. Thanks in advance...
  8. Audio Inserted in PPT Playback Speed Adjustment

Audio Inserted in PPT Playback Speed Adjustment: In Windows 10 I am preparing a powerpoint with inserted audio playing MP3 recordings on various slides through Media Player. Is there a way I can adjust the speed of the playback so it plays more slowly when I click on the audio icons in ppt during the presentation?...
  9. Glitch with audio playback device

Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  10. Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems

Audio Driver Seems To Cause Video Playback Problems: hey, since today i started having issues with videos not playing correctly. VLC: whenever i start a video, there is a delay for a few seconds where i only see the first frame of the video, after that audio crackles, then it plays normally. twitch.tv via firefox:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com